Post pictures of your "smart casual" wear!

mehitabel

Inspired by the smart casual thread and the questions posed therein--a thread where we can post what we'll wear on those nights.

I'm still sorting through what I'm likely to bring along, but here are the top contenders:

001-11.jpg

003-8.jpg

002-9.jpg

001-10.jpg

002-11.jpg

The yellow and blue skirts are more casual than smart casual, but I threw them in anyway. :)

Your haircut is so Smart!! Love it on you.:)

Well, it's back to a bob now, but thank you! Goodness knows I'll probably cut it again in a fit of boredom.

Blitznbobs, I love that dress. What material is it, do you know? I think I personally would wear it on smart casual night regardless, but I'm curious to know.

I won't post pics of myself online, but I'll post some representations of what I might wear.

I have a top similar to this, only solid black, love it with jeans or black slacks: _6002532.jpg

I would wear this: _5923506.jpg

I have this, it's on sale now! http://www.travelsmith.com/jump.jsp?itemID=13903&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C250%2C282&iProductID=13903&sortBy=0

I have this, reverses to black (the black one) and white print: I also have a few jersey knit dresses that I can't find online since I've had them over a year now. I typically wear short or sleeveless dresses, preferrably to the top of my knee or an inch above. I like scoop neck or deep "V" tops. My 2nd job is one that I wear a lot of dresse for, so I just select from that wardrobe. If I buy anything for a cruise (exception, cocktail dresses for formal evenings), it must fit into my real life wardrobe.

OK some of the links didn't work, so I'll try to change them.

http://www.travelsmith.com/jump.jsp?itemID=10006&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C250%2C282&iProductID=10006&sortBy=0 This in black black/white reversible.

Blitznbobs, I love that dress. What material is it, do you know? I think I personally would wear it on smart casual night regardless, but I'm curious to know.

I don't know but I bought it from a high street shop in the UK called 'Wallis'

Blitz

Mehitabel -- thanks for starting this thread! I think both the black/white skirts you have would be perfect? But I will wait to see others' comments because lord knows I am no good at this.

Here's a dress I have that I love to bring traveling. I have it in a different color (cranberry). In its reviews I frequently see people say that they dress it up or down according to the occasion -- and some people had even worn it to weddings. What do you think -- can it be dressed up enough for smart casual? I would love it if it can, because it washes and dries so fast and it's so comfy.

bandadress.jpg

Happy ks, are these the dresses you were thinking of -- just to make sure we are all looking at the same items.

I really love this black one that you linked to, and at $19 (!) I might have to buy it online without trying it on. I normally hate doing that especially with dresses because sometimes they don't fit right on me. I also love that it's apparently made in a quick wash/dry fabric.

travelsmith.jpg

And is this the reversible one you have, only it reverses to a black and white pattern?

reversible.jpg

Archived