Buenos Aires hop-on-hop-off

Peregrina651

I've read that Buenos Aires has launched a hop-on-hop-off bus. Has anyone used it? Can you tell us about you experience? Is the route helpful? Does it run frequently enough? Are the stops convenient? Do they have a website? How's the 'tourguide' patter? Anything else you can think of?

Thanks in advance.

My husband and I were in Buenos Aires January 2010 and used the hop on hop off bus for two days--there are twelve stops (the entire route takes almost 3 hrs due to traffic/etc.) We had to use pesos because a credit card or US dollars were not accepted at the kiosk on Florida St---the first stop. Start your day early because the line for purchasing tickets can be quite long!!

Once on the bus you have the headphones with 10 languages to choose from......English being the first. We had a little trouble with some of the headphones and just switched them out and sat upstairs for a better view. The bus runs every 1/2 hour and the times are posted by the sign. Our hotel (the Hilton) was near one of the stops so that came in handy for us the second day.

I don't remember the cost but it was better to buy the ticket for two days. The website is buenosairesbus.com.

Taxis were pretty reasonable as I recall---you will see plenty! Buenos Aires has so many wonderful sites for tourists.

Best of luck, Katie :)

Archived