Zuiderdam SC 4180 or SC 6166 any thoughts Please

yojohn

Most definitely 4180. Deck 4 was the only one not affected by the retrofit when they extended the afts on Deck 6 and above. It still has the exact same configuration as before the retrofit...meaning it has the most exposure. I chose it for our Panama Canal cruise for that very reason.

I don't have a picture, but there is a board on CC with a small picture of the entire aft after the refit. You can find it at:

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=22629992

• 8 months later...
Thanks I will be in 4180 excited any pictures

:cool:

Just booked Panama canal 2/21/11. Does anyone have information on this cabin? (6166)

Zuiderdam stern taken June 2010. We were in 6177 on Zuidy in June. Second photo is looking down on 4185, the starboard version of 4180. More photos on Joanie's site. See the "sticky" at the top of the HAL boards page.

ZSTERN_0196.jpg

startup0686.jpg

:cool:

Just booked Panama canal 2/21/11. Does anyone have information on this cabin?

SC 6166 & SC 6177 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck.http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/index.html

They are exact duplicates, just one is on the port side, the other is on the starboard. AZNative2000 provided the photos this year of SC 6177, so they are the most current. Due to her photos and descriptions, as well as other CC members, I've booked SC 6177 for next September.

Joanie

I know you were asking about the Zuiderdam but I think they are both really similar since the retrofit....we were in 6166 on the Westerdam this past spring and extremely disappointed by the interior space. The balcony was a dream but space was so limited inside that we had very minimal closet space and actually, space to move around in, as well. We have always had a balcony and more often than not a suite, but we were extremely disappointed with this one. There are some on this board who have disagreed with our view but I have read some of their posts and know they wouldnt have been enthused about the accommodation either....jmho............

Yes, I can see where it would look roomy compared to an inside cabin but when you book an SC suite its a disappointment compared to others we have had. Those chairs near the coffee table at the foot of the bed had to be moved to allow walking thru there without problems, others we have had were not nearly as crowded.

Has anyone stayed in either of these cabins since the retrofit was complete.Trying to decide which would be better for sun as DW likes to sun If you have photos that would be great thanks

Hi YoJohn

We were in SC 6166 last year (November) on the wonderful Zuiderdam. Loved the cabin - it is a hike to the Neptune but did not concern us. We are sun people as well and had both sun and shade no worries there. Private closer to balcony door and on side as well but can get very windy so hold on to your hat and sunglasses! Balcony had good size table with chairs - 2 regular sitting chairs and 2 lounge chairs. Cabin is smaller than SB or SA our steward kindly removed one of the room chairs in the cabin and that saved a toe or two I am sure. Have fun - any other questions happy to answer. Have a great time!!

Archived