Weddings on Board/Ports of call

There is a board just for this you may want to check out...

DH and I were married on X.. on the island of Barbados..Used A Wedding for You...

(See my profile pic.. it was amazing!)

I LOVED the experience and highly recommend it.... It was incredibly romantic and personal....

You can book a Royal Romance wedding package with Royal Caribbean, several packages are available and beach or garden settings are typical. Some ships offer onboard ceremonies. One of my best friends had a perfect wedding on the beach at Magen's Bay on St. Thomas, while on a 'Serenade' cruise. If it's the 'Grandeur' you'll be sailing on, see this link: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do;jsessionid=0000uqbqBuD4VJdkGqnU77AzXHl:12hdhuaq2?exCode=547&shipCode=GR Or for other RC ships, just search 'ceremonies and vow renewals' on the cruiseline's website and click on a particular ship. I hope this helps!

My daughter was married on a RCL ship 11 yrs ago.

Full white gown and all.

Had her hair done on the ship like a photo she had brought with her.

She was pleased and trust me, she is very pickey.

It was all wonderful.

Had friends on board that did not sail with us so they disembarked about 1/2hr before sailing. We had set up a cocktail hour afterwards with the non-sailing guest to enjoy as well. Ships wedding cake was great.

We brought some of our music to play during the ceremony. Afterwards, the ship photographer took them around the ship taking photos... they had a great time.

Everywhere they went people would smile and congratulate them.

I would highly recommend specially if on tight budget.

I am in total agreement with the above post. Our son and his lovely bride were married onboard the Mariner in Port Canaveral in November 2008. Had 20 non-sailing guests and 14 sailing guests. Beautiful service, wonderful reception, FANTASTIC pictures. :D

Can't help with a wedding on an island, however, if you go that route make sure you get all the scoop on permits and licenses. Our guys just needed a license from the state of Florida which was obtained through Royal Romance. They were great throughout the entire process.

On the CC boards there is a message board just for weddings. Check that out for more info. Good Luck and Congrats.:D

Archived