How many.....

Matymoo

Sorry, I know this has probably been asked and answered many times but I can't find the answer :confused:

We are doing a 14 day Baltic Cruise on QV in August and I am starting to organise my wardrobe (Yes, I know I am a little early :rolleyes:)

I can remember first and last night is usually informal but I can't remember how many of each category we are likely to get and I hate wearing the outfit thing twice (unless it is mixed & matched :D) so your best guesstimate please for the number of Formal, Informal and Elegant Casual evenings we will encounter during the 14 nights please :)

Thank you for your quick response, I have just tried that and all I get is a message saying "Apologies, there was a problem retrieving your document."

Maybe it is too early for me to have documents yet or may be it isn't Mac compatible?

Hi there, on the 16 day Caribbean cruise over Christmas we had 5 formal nights - but what I found was a great way to plan was a good long black skirt with a nice couple of tops to go with to dress it up. Works a treat and saves on having to 1. Spend a fortune on new dresses and 2. saves on packing.

Have a great time - fortunately i don't have too much planning on the wardrobe front as I'm just going to duplicate what I wore at Christmas (and hope that no-one from Christmas is on at the same time - but then i'm not that bothered really), honestly you can wear the same outfit twice and no-one will notice unless its spectacularly spectacular - the chance of you bumping into the same people twice on such a big ship is rare unless it's well planned!

Thanks for the great info so far :)

I can only afford to cruise Cunard about every 5 years :o and for the first two trips I was lucky that my size and weight were still the same so Evening Wear could be re-cycled mainly, with a couple of new additions. This time I have gone up a whole size so the wardrobe will be new :eek:

I know I can wear the same thing more than once, and separates are great, but I have 7 more months to plan my wardrobe and replace the evening items that I can no longer wear. The new things won't go to waste as I tend to wear ageless classics and will use them for Party's and Functions over the coming couple of years anyway. I also chose to cruise from Southampton to Southampton specifically so that I could enjoy a cruise without worrying about the airline baggage allowances. This will allow me to take as many shoes as I want, so it could be a pair per outfit!!! Only kidding!!!

I just want to make sure that I get the balance of Long and Short dresses about right :D To me, the joy of Cunard is the formality and to be able to dress up every evening for dinner as it is so different to my day to day life.

You may be able to tell that this has been a much anticipated trip and I am beginning to get a little excited :D

Sorry, I know this has probably been asked and answered many times but I can't find the answer :confused:

We are doing a 14 day Baltic Cruise on QV in August and I am starting to organise my wardrobe (Yes, I know I am a little early :rolleyes:)

I can remember first and last night is usually informal but I can't remember how many of each category we are likely to get and I hate wearing the outfit thing twice (unless it is mixed & matched :D) so your best guesstimate please for the number of Formal, Informal and Elegant Casual evenings we will encounter during the 14 nights please :)

I didn't actually get that information until about two weeks before the cruise, when I finally got our final documents. It stated that we would have 4 Formal, 5 Semi Formal and 4 Elegant Casual nights. That was for a 13 night Caribbean cruise. So I planned accordingly. When we got to our cabin, the literature said that we would have 3 Formal, 5 semi formal, and 5 Elegant Casual. I never knew the reason for the change, but when I first read about the change, it was a little bothersome, mostly because I planned so carefully for each night. Consequently, on a couple of the Elegant Casual evenings, I was just a bit overdressed. But no one noticed and the dress mandate is quite flexible, really anyway.

So my advice is, although you must plan, don't totally count on what the information says, because sometimes it isn't written in stone.:)

Gail

So my advice is, although you must plan, don't totally count on what the information says, because sometimes it isn't written in stone.:) Gail

Hi Gail, sorry for the ot everyone. Just wanted to mention that your avatar looks exactly like our Standard, Maxi. That's all. ;)

Not sure that it is possible to be overdressed, but then I am very conservative, I wear floor length every night, just vary the colour/pattern and "bling"

So a dress that does casual, semi or formal could be the same item but with more glameroous stoles or "bling" for the other two nights. Some of my dresses have as many as 3/4 stoles and 3 necklaces depending on the code.

Stoles and necklaces are easier to pack and hang than dresses.

Hi Gail, sorry for the ot everyone. Just wanted to mention that your avatar looks exactly like our Standard, Maxi. That's all. ;)

Aren't they nice. Mine is named Jean Luc. He weighs about 60 pounds. How about Maxi? Is yours as much a character as Jean Luc is? I believe they all are.

Archived