Transatlantic - boring?

thulewx

I'm considering the Tenerife-WPB transatlatic 22 Oct - 3 Nov 2005, but am a little worried about 11 days at sea on a ship as small as SDII.

Has anyone done a transatlantic on SD? Do they have extra lecturers or other programs on board during this time, or do most just use the time to finish writing their memoirs? ;)

We cruised the inaguaral transatlantic on Sea Dream 1 in 2002.

It was absolutely wonderful, but you have to entertain yourself! We happen to plan cruises based on the number of sea days and prefer to have more sea time than port time, so this was perfect for us.

We read books (there are plenty in the library), watched movies in our cabin, watched movies in the main salon, listened to music, chatted with the people we met, used the spa and "gym", and relaxed and watched the ocean.

Also enjoyed afternoon tea on occasion.

They do not have guest lecturers. There is musical entertainment at times. They had cooking demonstrations, a port tasting, and some other activities to help pass the time.

If you are looking for a cruise that will keep you entertained, this is probably not the best choice. If you are looking for a relaxing trip with the absolute best service, this is the trip for you.

• 1 month later...

We did a transatlantic on SeaDream ll. We went from Lisbon to West Palm. I adored the ship, the staff and the food was probably some of best I've ever had on a ship. With that being said, yes, I was bored. We've been on 40+ cruises ranging in size and demenor from the Chandris Amerikanis to Royal Viking, Cunard, etc and have enjoyed everyone........but I do feel that SeaDream could've done a little more in the way of modest entertainment for 10+days at sea. We had a floral arrangement lecture, a second run movie in the lounge one afternoon (the dvd's were more current) and a wine tasting. That was it. Our weather was abominable.......rain, wind, cold, so anything deck related was out. One thing I will say though,after that cruise watching a dvd(at home) without caviar and champagne just isn't any fun!

Archived