Places to stay near the pier in Vancouver

Renorita

Hi, we will be in this beautiful city one day before embarking on our cruise in late August. A good, clean place to stay near the pier and a nice (not fancy) place to eat within walking distance would be appreciated. Would love a bay view, but want to keep the price under $200, if possible. Thank you! :)

Several years ago, when we cruised out of Vancouver, we stayed at the Terminal City Club Hotel.We were pleased with the cleanliness and good service. And they made arrangements to get our luggage to the cruise terminal - so that we could walk the couple of blocks to board the ship without being loaded down.

Check out this web site listing hotels in Vancouver. Don't forget prices are in Canadian $'s.

http://www.tourismvancouver.com/accommodation/index.cfm

We've stayed at the Pan Pacific, which is right at the pier, and the Hyatt. Also there is the Fairmont-Waterfront across the street from the Pan Pacific and the pier. Both these hotels will take your baggage to the ship for you. Lots of restaurants in the area.

We absolutely LOVE the Fairmont Waterfront! They are right in the terminal area and they are appx. 100$ less a night than the Pan Pacific across the street. The hotel is totally upscale and they will take your luggage to the ship.

You can wake the morning of your cruise to your Ship at the dock. This is a totally upscale hotel and one of our favorites! Have a great Alaskan cruise!:cool:

I want to add my vote for the Fairmont Waterfront. I was very impressed with the hotel, the service, and the quality of the rooms. In the end we probably paid as much as we would have paid across the street at Canada Place's Pan Pacific, but we had a great view of the ship when we woke up the next morning, and a VERY nice suite for a price that really surprised me.

I use Priceline or Hotwire exclusively for Vancouver and twice have gotten the Westin Bayshore for $75 USD. (Considered a 4 star hotel)It is a great location with views of the Marina at Stanley Park and views of Canada Place. Upon check-in they will usually upgrade you to a full bay view for $30 Canadian if a room is available. The beds are wonderful, hotel is very nice. They have there own restaurants plus there are a couple of restaurants on the waterfront within a 5 minute walk.

Unfortuanetely I have never been able to get the Fairmont or Pan Pacific for the dates I needed for your budget of $200 US.

Steve Hayes

Hi, we will be in this beautiful city one day before embarking on our cruise in late August. A good, clean place to stay near the pier and a nice (not fancy) place to eat within walking distance would be appreciated. Would love a bay view, but want to keep the price under $200, if possible. Thank you! :)

Thanks everyone! Ekerr19 Again thanks for the bump! :)

ShayesShip That sounds like a good price for the Westin. I read somewhere in one of these threads that there were some issues regarding the Westin, that it wasn't what it is "cracked up to be" Of course this was probably one person's opinion, and if you have been there twice, you must have liked it. Will they take your bags to the pier? Also the same question for the Hyatt, as that seems to be a popular choice and for a good price?

Well, when Motel 6 is going for $60 US per night in the Los Angeles area and I can stay at that Westin for $75 US, as far as I am concerned there is no comparison! Now, if I had to pay $200 US I might think differently. There is a difference between the "standard" tower and the 'tower" in which you can see the bay. I have paid for the upgrade each time so maybe there is something wrong with the one Tower. I truly do not know.

Both times I was cruising on Princess and booked this hotel seperately. I got it through Hotwire in the West Vancouver zone, 4 stars.

Princess had a welcome table in the lobby the morning of both of my cruises. I quietly asked about my luggage and both times they asked me my name and verfied me on their manifest. Both times they asked my hotel room number and sent a bellman up to transfer my luggage FREE of charge (2002 and 2003). I did not ask to go on the bus ($10 pp transfer) because I wanted to take a cab and get there quicker. FYI, It is about a 20 minute walk from the hotel to Canada Place.

I do not know about the Hyatt.

Steve Hayes

ShayesShip That sounds like a good price for the Westin. I read somewhere in one of these threads that there were some issues regarding the Westin, that it wasn't what it is "cracked up to be" Of course this was probably one person's opinion, and if you have been there twice, you must have liked it. Will they take your bags to the pier? Also the same question for the Hyatt, as that seems to be a popular choice and for a good price?

Archived