What's the Latest on Destiny?

MrPete

Tell us how you really feel... ;)

This is from the Carnival website -

January 26, 2010- Updated 3:00PM EST

Carnival Destiny will undergo a seven-day dry dock next month to resolve a propulsion problem. The issue is only affecting the vessel’s sailing speed and all other systems are operating normally. The dry dock will take place Feb. 13-20.

Carnival is cancelling two cruises that were scheduled to take place during the dry dock period – the five-day departure of Feb. 13 and the four-day departure of Feb. 18 (the Feb. 18 cruise will now operate as a modified two-day cruise to Nassau Feb. 20-22). Effective with the February 22, 2010 departure, the Carnival Destiny will be operating its regularly scheduled itineraries.

Guests scheduled to sail on the Feb. 13 or 18 voyages will have the option of receiving a future cruise credit or full refund of their cruise fare. A $100 shipboard credit will be provided to those guests who were scheduled on the Feb. 13 voyage while those on the Feb. 18 departure will receive a $75 shipboard credit. The shipboard credit can be used on a future cruise departing prior to Dec. 15, 2011. For guests with independent air transportation, Carnival will reimburse up to $200 per person in the form of a shipboard credit for airline change fees when rebooking a future cruise.

Additionally, three other cruises taking place prior to the dry dock will now operate modified itineraries. The five-day cruise departing Jan. 30 will now visit Cozumel and Costa Maya instead of Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. The four-day cruise departing Feb. 4 will visit Cozumel and cancel the scheduled call in Key West; and the five-day cruise departing Feb. 8 will now replace the scheduled call in Grand Turk with a stop at Freeport, along with visits to Nassau and Half Moon Cay. Although the itineraries for these voyages were modified because of the propulsion problem, all of the Carnival Destiny’s normal dining, activity and entertainment options will be available.

Guests booked prior to Jan. 25 who sail on these three modified voyages will receive a $50 per person shipboard credit. If guests elect to cancel, they will have the option to receive a full refund or a future cruise credit equal to the amount of their cruise fare.

"We sincerely apologize for the impact of these changes on our guests' vacations plans and wish to thank them for their understanding," said Gerry Cahill, Carnival’s president and CEO.

Why would you ever need one of those?!?!?!?!?! :D:D:D

Moreso, as I'm trying to find out if this is a charter. Being poolside with a bunch of mini tutu's, will find me with many foo foo's, cabinside, preferably on the balcony. :eek:

Tango? :confused:

Only if it's the Masochistic (for Dr. Demento fans only)

I wasn't paying much attention, but now it appears I may be going on this ship for a dance competition.

What's up with my least favorite Carnival ship?

im afraid to ask why? know she had issues re AC when sailing SanJuan itinerary:confused:, im commited to upcoming cruise perhaps should be...somewhere with padded walls to be considering sailing her after all the recent issues.

regardless, im sure within the 1st page or 2 here u'll hear variation on 'no cruise is a bad cruise/a day cruising is better than a day @ work' partyline; let me be the 1st;)

im afraid to ask why? know she had issues re AC when sailing SanJuan itinerary:confused:, im commited to upcoming cruise perhaps should be...somewhere with padded walls to be considering sailing her after all the recent issues.

It's my least favorite class, and having sailed all three, I thought the ship itself was just "blah", decor wise.

Luckily, we didn't have AC or propulsion problems (nor the "local" issue), although the ship was only 5 years old at the time.

It's my least favorite class, and having sailed all three, I thought the ship itself was just "blah", decor wise.

Luckily, we didn't have AC or propulsion problems (nor the "local" issue), although the ship was only 5 years old at the time.

LOL...yes...after being on a Conquest class and a Triumph class the Destiny seems like an unfinished, bad experiment. LOL

You can appreciate the changes they made in the other classes after learning from this ship. :p:rolleyes:

thanx, so it's safe to call it understated then;)

thus far with Carnival, only thing i found offputting re decor (other than orange plastic sofa) were all the urn-like things on the legend :confused:. I've watched the interview on CCL promo dvd w/joe farcus & still not sure what they represent?

Archived