Manzanillo pier ??

CalgonCruiser

When are you going on your cruise and what are you planning to do on your excursions? We are going to cruise in March and would appreciate any help on your idea on what to do in these ports. (Acapulco, Manzanillo, Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa) Thanks for your help!;)

Is it true, they are building a new pier in Manzanillo? If so, when do they expect it to be done? Fine tuning my excursions. Thanks

Happy Cruising, Sea Ya

When I was making preparations for my visit in November 2009 I was told by a local tour operator that the pier was complete but was not open due to administrative problems. Don't know if this is still the case or if it has been sorted out now.

When are you going on your cruise and what are you planning to do on your excursions? We are going to cruise in March and would appreciate any help on your idea on what to do in these ports. (Acapulco, Manzanillo, Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa) Thanks for your help!;)

We are taking the Spirit on 2-23-10. Acapulco most of us are taking a tour with Rosie and the cliff divers and the fort. Zhiuantenejo we are going to Paty's and Manzanillo we are going to Las Hadas.

We were there this week and the pier is in the industrial area. Must take a taxi to go anywhere. We went to Las Hades and enjoyed the private beach there

Since Las Hadas is a private beach, did you encounter beach local vendors? Thanks,

Wow, you plan ahead! When we were there our guide Paco said it was being finished and would be open later this year.

Jen in SoCal

Is it true, they are building a new pier in Manzanillo? If so, when do they expect it to be done? Fine tuning my excursions. Thanks

Happy Cruising, Sea Ya

We recently returned from the Spirit to these ports. I posted daily recaps/reviews on the main Carnival board. They are called Just off the Spirit, do a search and you can read what we did in each port. After reading those, post more questions and I will try to answer.

Jen in SoCal

There was also a shuttle to downtown right off the ship. It was nominal, I think $2 or $3 each way. People were going to walk and I heard it was about a 15 or 20 minutes walk. Outside the pier is an area where locals are going about what they do, not catering to the tourists or cruise ship is what we were told and that is what appeared to be going on.

Jen in SoCal

We were there this week and the pier is in the industrial area. Must take a taxi to go anywhere. We went to Las Hades and enjoyed the private beach there

Archived