Murano on Century

etc1etc1etc1

I am sailing on a 5 day cruise on Century in Mid April. Having sailed on Celebrity multiple times prior my wife and I decided not to eat at Murano. This was mainly based on the fact that we din't think the food was much different than the main dinning room (based on nothing as we have never eaten at one of the specialty resteraunts), enjoy going to the shows in the evenning and had heard that eating at Murano was an evenning event and the pre book times were horrible. After reading numerous posts I am thinking we should reconsider our decision. Any feedback on time to eat, show times etc... would be greatly appreciated.

I am sailing on a 5 day cruise on Century in Mid April. Having sailed on Celebrity multiple times prior my wife and I decided not to eat at Murano. This was mainly based on the fact that we din't think the food was much different than the main dinning room (based on nothing as we have never eaten at one of the specialty resteraunts), enjoy going to the shows in the evenning and had heard that eating at Murano was an evenning event and the pre book times were horrible. After reading numerous posts I am thinking we should reconsider our decision. Any feedback on time to eat, show times etc... would be greatly appreciated.

DH & I were on Century Jan 23rd sailing- Murano was WONDERFUL!!!! We had early seating in the main dining room & booked Murano at 6:00. We were out in time for the 2nd show in the theater. If you like to eat later, maybe book it for after the first show - sorry I don't remember the show times. I would recommend going the last night- the main dining room food was very good, but we found the food in Murano to be enough better that it would reflect poorly on the MDR food. I would highly recommend the goat cheese souffle, also if you enjoy a cheese tray, do not do an appetizer, salad AND soup. The serving are very generous & we had heard the cheese tray is very good, but did not have room for it and dessert.

Definitely try Muranos. I prebooked but hear that you can often get reservations while on board. Not only is the food excellent, but the service is wonderfully over the top too. I would not skip it in favor of the entertainment; I found the revue shows to be amateurish and would rather have been eating!

Definitely try Muranos! The food and experience is far superior to the main dining room. The main dining room food is equivalent to a nice banquet hall. Muranos is the equivalent to a fairly high end land restaurant. Outstanding service and ambiance as well! Like someone else mentioned, try the goat cheese soufflet; it is the tastiest menu item I have ever had on a cruise. When I sailed on Century we initially planned to eat at Muranos one time, but had such an amazing experience we booked a second meal.

I recommend going to Muranos as soon as you board the ship to arrange a dining time; they will help you select a time that will not interfere with the shows.

Archived