VIP Checkin

jdlowndes

Is there a VIP Checkin in Port Canaveral? What is the difference in VIP and regular checkin?

Yes. It is an office to one side of the terminal, they will direct you. You go in and sit at the desk to check in then out you go to sit with the masses until zone 1 is called. Not nearly so nice as the one in Ft Lauderdale. At one point there was less of a line in the main check in than at the VIP.

We did VIP check-in in Port Canaveral in January. Had to go through the same security screening as the masses which took more time than usual. Also, some passengers who were not VIP went through the VIP door and they weren't stopped. Once we got through the security screening, we went to a private area for check-in and it was very fast and efficient. Love it:D

Last week they had a separate line before security for VIPs, it was great. we by passed the long line, there was no one in front of us and they had a separate security line. From curb to cabin 15 mins, it doesn't get any better than that!!

VIP Check-In is the greatest thing EVER!!! My wife & I cruised for our honeymoon on the Valor last August and we got VIP status because we booked a suite stateroom. We literally passed by hundreds of people and completed the entire boarding process in 20 minutes :o)

We're spoiled now, I don't think we could handle regular check-in, now that we've been to the mountain top, so to speak. In fact, we're looking to book another cruise for our one year anniversary and please believe we'll be booking a suite again :o)

For my wife's first cruise, I booked a suite on Victory, so we had the VIP check-in. For this cruise coming up with the kids it was much less expensive for us to book two adjoining balcony rooms than it was to book a single suite. But when considering the additional cost of the suite the VIP check-in was a big factor that almost made it worth it, to me. I don't like lines, I don't like traffic, I don't like being stuck in a room with a million other people moving at a snail's pace.

I wish I could come up with the documentation for two cruises I took on Holiday and Celebration when I was a kid. That would put me much closer to Platinum...

Archived