Isn't CCL so understanding

hlb76

Now that sounds a heck of lot better then your earlier post!

Its always ALL part of the whole. We can't just pick and choose the good parts. Harsh is always there, danger is there at all times, death is a part too. Side aching laughter and knee weakening breathless joy is also there. I'm always open to the latter and always wary of the former.

I feel badly for your son and I can understand how he packed his PSP in his bag and handed it to the porter. I'm sure had you realized that he was doing so, you would have told him to remove the PSP or not check the bag.

I know the cruise lines will never admit to anything and that the port is also about as unlikely to do so. It's unfortunate that you have no way to known when it was stolen.

We have had a couple of bad experiences too. Once when leaving the ship my husband's brand new Braun razor was missing when we got home. We didn't fly so we knew it had to have disappeared either on the ship or when the suitcase was taken along with other baggage. We called to the cruise line as soon as we arrived home, (2 hours later) and they said they would check. We never heard another word.

I lost a brand new Seiko watch on a tender supplied by the ship. (It was a lifeboat, not an independent tender) and I went back to the same tender and asked if anyone turned it in. No one did and I asked several times at lost and found and no one ever turned it in.

On my last trip to Rochester NY, I was bringing home some fresh corn as well as some speidi sauce (Upstate NY'ers will know what that is.) TSA opened my suitcase and left a card. I didn't realize until it got cold here in Florida that I was missing two pairs of slacks. I don't usually wear long pants here and it was in September that I was up in NY. I asked my son to check the closet in my room there as I was sure they had to be there, although I remember taking everything from the closet and he did, but no pants. I know it was too late to do anything about them, but I know it had to be TSA either putting them into someone else's suitcase or someone else at the airline had TSA keys to unlock my lock.

My point, in all my rambling, is that it's almost necessary to look in every bag whenever you get to the airport, the hotel, the cruise etc. to see if everything is there. I know this is next to impossible so the thieves will get away with things forever unless someone catches them in the act---even then I am not sure.

Archived