price of a soda

goldencruiser

We were just wondering how many sodas our son would have to drink to make the soda package worthwhile.

He doesn't drink that many sodas - maybe one at lunch and another at dinner.

Thanks for the help.

We took our 3 teenage kids with us last summer and figured that they would have to drink about 4 pops a day for it to be worth it. We were on a 12 day (very port intensive) and decided to pay as we went. My kids do tend to drink alot of pop and it worked out much much cheaper that $240 (the cost for 3 soda cards for a 12 day cruise) we actually spent a fraction of that. Also, you cannot order it to your room and it is only fountain pop FYI. so grabbing a coke was not an option when you leave the ship.

Sodas are about $3 each for a full can. The Soda package is 5.75 per day. But you have to buy the package for the full cruise...it is not a daily thing. As you can see...If you have 2 a day, it is well worth it.

When you get a soda package...you can only get sodas by the glass, so you do not get the full can each time. They also give you a cool insulated cup that you can use as well. That fill is bigger than a glass. You need your card or that insulated cup to get your free refill. A sticker is usually placed on your card.

You can prepay before your cruise, or buy it at any of the bars the first day.

My son gets one each cruise, he enjoys soda. My daughter, however doesn't drink that much soda..so I would not get her one.

They also have Apple juice, orange Juice, milk at Breakfast. And iced tea, fruit punch and lemonade at lunch in buffet areas..these are all included in the price of your cruise. You can usually find coffee and hot tea as well. I sometimes get a glass of soda with his card if I want one with lunch.

They serve Coke products.

Happy Cruising!

Also, you cannot order it to your room and it is only fountain pop FYI. so grabbing a coke was not an option when you leave the ship.

Grabbing a Coke from your room fridge was definitely an option on my 1/17/10 Solstice cruise and it was $2/can plus 15% gratuity. Tell your room attendant to stock the fridge with the soda of your choice and you should be good to go. HTH!

I don't believe sodas are $3 a can, but $1.75 plus the 15%--at least that's what the bill says that I just looked at in my handbag from our cruise a couple of months ago (I'm packing for our upcoming Solstice cruise). The daily price for the soda card is $5.50 plus the 15% gratuity. So, to make it worth it, you'd have to drink about 3 sodas a day.

Are you allowed to bring sodas onboard? I heard they would confiscate any liquids apart from the 2 bottles of wine they allow.

You always have the option of picking up a case of 24 cans of pop and stocking your own fridge....cost is under $10

We always used to get ds the soda package, and then on our last cruise it didn't get used much, and I felt like I was bugging him to get a soda to get our money's worth (that just seemed wrong) so we decided that we are not going to get it in the future.

Anyway you can always carry soda or water on board too. I used to always bring some Pepsi with me since it wasn't available on board.

Have a great trip!

I've always brought one or two twelve packs of soda on board and have never had a problem with them confiscating it. Then just ask the cabin attendant to empty out your fridge of all the overpriced items you will never consume, and voila - economical soda! After spending thousands on a cruise, I have no qualms about trying to save a buck or two. Great to enjoy at the pool, but it is a bit tacky to bring a can of soda to the MDR, so that's where I'll draw the line.

Are you allowed to bring sodas onboard? I heard they would confiscate any liquids apart from the 2 bottles of wine they allow.

Yes there is no problem bringing pop or water on board. We just dropped it at the pier with a room tag on it, and it has always been delivered safely to our room along with our luggage....

I don't believe sodas are $3 a can, but $1.75 plus the 15%--at least that's what the bill says that I just looked at in my handbag from our cruise a couple of months ago (I'm packing for our upcoming Solstice cruise). The daily price for the soda card is $5.50 plus the 15% gratuity. So, to make it worth it, you'd have to drink about 3 sodas a day.

Was that for a can??? I think that was a glass of soda. Close to $3/can with gratuity.

Archived