Church Service on Crown

Coolmama_1

We are sailing on the Crown in April. I have looked at prior patters and noticed that church services are usually available on Sunday and a volunteer clergy in charge. How would we go about finding out more information? My husband is United Methodist Clergy and is willing to participate in a worship service. Thanks.

Hi,

We were on Ruby Princess 12/4/09. We were traveling with a friend of ours that is a Roman Ctholic priest. If I recall, what I did first is contact on board services for that ship. Then Father took over the rest. I know when he got on board that he had to talk to the CD. It was a ten night cruise and he did three masses in one of the lounges. Then he had a smaller service for some people in the ship's chapel. At her larger masses he had 120 people and more at the other masses. Princess welcome the masses.

Maria

Contact the Cruise Director who is in charge of these services. Some CDs officiate at the protestant services or have another crew member do them. Frequently, there are notices posted for clergy (Catholic, Jewish, etc) in the Patter. It varies from ship to ship and from CD to CD. Most services seem to be well attended.

That having been said, some ships do NOT have Sunday services if the ship is in port early. I guess they figure passengers can attend local services in port - which is also an enjoyable and memorable experience.

You might also be interested in meeting some members of the Crew Christian Fellowship onboard. Each ship has a group comprised of members from around the world. If they have an active group onboard, they would really appreciate your encouragment. These meetings have been the highlight of several of our cruises in years past. Again, check with the CD as soon as you can upon embarkation. They can put you in touch with the appropriate personnel.

Archived