Summit "refurbished"?

cruiser9983

Does anyone know if Summit has been refurbished recently? A well known travel website lists list Summit as "refurbished." Have the cabins been updated? We were on Millie in December 09 and the CC cabins and common areas had been redone. I believe Celebrity called it a "refreshment." The cabins had new carpet, new linens, flat screen TV, etc. The common areas looked great too with new furnishings and carpet.

Does anyone know if Summit has been refurbished recently? A well known travel website lists list Summit as "refurbished." Have the cabins been updated? We were on Millie in December 09 and the CC cabins and common areas had been redone. I believe Celebrity called it a "refreshment." The cabins had new carpet, new linens, flat screen TV, etc. The common areas looked great too with new furnishings and carpet.

Summit has not gone in for a drydock for a couple of years but the items you mentioned do no require a drydock.

Having sailed on the Summit in 12/2008 and again in 1/2010, she has not been refurbished.

There were definitely areas that had carpeting replaced and I actually saw them replacing carpet while we were in port one day.

So, I think it's a constant activity. The carpet in my cabin was fine but in my sister's cabin, there were worn spots.

My RS last May was a wreck....

Think tears in the sofa over 1 foot long.....

And a flood in our room that required walls to be removed and that left the carpet wet for 5 days....

Didnt ruin our trip..but was sad to see as we sailed her almost new in 2002..and she was gorgeous. Hope they bring her back to mint condition.

We were on Summit on the sailing immediately prior to the drydock in April of 2008 and then again in January of 2010. I don't know where these people are seeing all of this damage, but the ship is in good condition. The linens have been updated since 2008, they were actively replacing carpet last month, and the deck and railings are in good condition. It seemed to me that they were constantly keeping everything in good shape. Certainly there can be damage from week to week, but it's not like they're running the ship into the ground. Good grief.

We were on Summit on the sailing immediately prior to the drydock in April of 2008 and then again in January of 2010. I don't know where these people are seeing all of this damage' date=' but the ship is in good condition. The linens have been updated since 2008, they were actively replacing carpet last month, and the deck and railings are in good condition. It seemed to me that they were constantly keeping everything in good shape. Certainly there can be damage from week to week, but it's not like they're running the ship into the ground. Good grief.[/quote']

Were you in RS 6139 last May? If not, you will have to take my word for it.

They do their best, no doubt.. but some areas were better than others last May. If things have improved, that is wonderful!

Archived