Tutu's for lil girls formal nights?

alise007

I am not really a princess sorta gal but I know my little girl likes that foo foo stuff! SO I was checking out some gorgeous tutu's on Etsy and wondering if they would cut it for a formal night?

Prob just wear a simple matching solid color long sleeve knit shirt, full colorful tutu (prob hot pink, dark purple or aqua color type shade) with ribbons and tights with adorable shoes. She can't wear pastels--just washes her out. Longer knee length tulle not the kind that sticks straight out and the bottom is showing!

What do you think for Alaska in May? She will be 3.

Very cute. My only concern would be the itch factor. Some tulle can be very itchy and if she is at all sensitive to that sort of thing, even with tights she may get uncomfortable during dinner leaving you with a super-squirm fest.;)

My 10 yr old DD says:

"No, because it looks like it's itchy, and it kind of looks like she is about to go to dance class." :)

This from someone who has spent many years in dance class and knows her tutus.

I say, "Adorable, and she will get lots of attention. Perfectly appropriate if she wants to wear it, but it's true about the itch factor."

they make different types of fabric ones some are softer and more flowy --which is what I would get. I want to get one for her to play dress up with around the house but it would be fun if it could serve double duty!

LOL! I am not laughing at the cute factor, but I have to tell you guys that one of the girls in my daughter's class (a K-1 mixed class) has a couple of these...

http://www.chasing-fireflies.com/prima-pettiskirt/productinfo/23799/

...that she wears as skirts to school. Cute kid but...school? She's just totally high fashion (possibly a term for overpriced?). Of course, knowing this kid and her parents, they paid full price from a company like Chasing Fireflies or something...I mean, after all, they can afford to keep the kid shod in Lelli Kelly's all the time too!:eek:

Of course, if I could afford that stuff and had money to burn it would be hard to resist...so cute!:o

Just a bit of a warning...even in summer it can be pretty chilly on Alaskan waters. Couple that with so many indoor venues over-airconditioned, and she might be cold without something more on. I don't know how warm the long sleeves and tights are, so this is just something to consider.

LOL! I am not laughing at the cute factor, but I have to tell you guys that one of the girls in my daughter's class (a K-1 mixed class) has a couple of these that she wears as skirts to school. Cute kid but...school? She's just totally high fashion (possibly a term for overpriced?). Of course, knowing this kid and her parents, they paid full price from a company like Chasing Fireflies or something...I mean, after all, they can afford to keep the kid shod in Lelli Kelly's all the time too!:eek:

Of course, if I could afford that stuff and had money to burn it would be hard to resist...so cute!:o

Just a bit of a warning...even in summer it can be pretty chilly on Alaskan waters. Couple that with so many indoor venues over-airconditioned, and she might be cold without something more on. I don't know how warm the long sleeves and tights are, so this is just something to consider.

LOL!

My DD (14YO) is into Curling as her winter sport (hey the Winter Olympics are coming up so I'm not going to explain any further -- any question as to what curling is, just tune into the games!)

DD has competed in several bon speils (tournements) over the past two years across the Midwest. There is a family with three girls -- estimated ages are 13 to 16ish? These girls take the cake for being "fashionistas" it is SO much fun to see what they will come up with next -- last spiel they had halloween type black and hotpink checked leggings with knee length tutus and hotpink and black striped tunics. Curling is a ice sport - and they went the full 8 ends (2+ hours) with these outfits on (although they were wearing black fingerless knit gloves and black knit hats that had kind of a dog face or something integrated into the hat design)

For a 3YO on a cruise, I think this is a wonderful option. Look for a nicer long-sleeved top with some sparkles or if you are concerned about the chill factor look for a really cute ballet-dancer style sweater (DD often presses her ballet sweaters into use with her "grown up" spagetti strapped formal night dresses)

I think your daughter will just be adorable. Nothing makes me smile more than seeing little girls all fancied up for formal night and having fun. They can take it so seriously. Take lots of photos this will be a treasured memory.

You've just described my 6yo. She has this skirt purchased for half the price at a boutique here in Brooklyn. She's been wearing Lelli Kellys since she was 3yo. Amazon sells them and I got a great deal. I have a pair of their "dots' sneakers in the closet just waiting for her to grow into them.

My daughter has several other tutu skirts that come from a Manhattan boutique called Bu and the Duck. They are very soft and very versatile. My daughter has worn them to church, birthday parties and to the playground. Paired with a nice top she has worn them for formal nights on both the cruises she's been on and in all cases has gotten tons of compliments and people have asked me wear I purchased them.

LOL! I am not laughing at the cute factor, but I have to tell you guys that one of the girls in my daughter's class (a K-1 mixed class) has a couple of these...

http://www.chasing-fireflies.com/prima-pettiskirt/productinfo/23799/

...that she wears as skirts to school. Cute kid but...school? She's just totally high fashion (possibly a term for overpriced?). Of course, knowing this kid and her parents, they paid full price from a company like Chasing Fireflies or something...I mean, after all, they can afford to keep the kid shod in Lelli Kelly's all the time too!:eek:

I totally DID not need to see those Lelli Kelly shoes! My hubby is gonna flip a lid if I spend that much on toddler shoes! We live in the sticks and don't have them here....toooo cute! Our Target does have some knock off looking similar ones right now for spring that I keep checking out. Will have to start trolling the online sites for deals! Maybe they have some in Charlotte we can try on for sizing.

I am hoping to find some thicker cotton tights (not the normal ballet thickness) and then I would have a sweater for her if she is cold. Fortunately my kiddos don't seem to mind cold! Guess they take after their Dad being hot natured while I sit and FREEZE!

Archived