Double Cruise Day credit amenity

DaveOKC

I just received this from HAL directly in response to a question on the double day credit:

"Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line regarding the double cruise day credits. Guests who purchase a penthouse (PS), deluxe verandah suite (S, SA, SB or SC) or superior verandah suite (SS, SY or SZ) at a published promotional rate will qualify for the double cruise day credit amenity.

Guests who receive a complimentary upgrade into a penthouse, deluxe verandah suite or superior verandah suite, or who are offered a special paid upgrade by our ship inventory department from a lower category will not receive the double cruise day credits."

I hope this helps clarify the issue.

DaveOKC

That's exactly what I was told when I called the Mariner Society shortly after the new program was rolled out last Fall. Seems, however, that some who either got a free upgrade or a paid upsell to qualifying suites are reporting here that they are getting the double day credits ... and others in the same boat are reporting they did not get the double day credit. A computer burp, perhaps?

Thanks for posting this double-day policy clarification.

"Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line regarding the double cruise day credits. Guests who purchase a penthouse (PS), deluxe verandah suite (S, SA, SB or SC) or superior verandah suite (SS, SY or SZ) at a published promotional rate will qualify for the double cruise day credit amenity.

Guests who receive a complimentary upgrade into a penthouse, deluxe verandah suite or superior verandah suite, or who are offered a special paid upgrade by our ship inventory department from a lower category will not receive the double cruise day credits."

That is word for word the standard answer we also got when enquiring. I have since re-written to them with some of the examples talked about here where some people DID get the double credits. Will let you know when I get an answer.

Archived