Anyone Been to Le Galion Beach?

CMJFamily

I am desperately trying to find info on Le galion beach. Checked some websites and it looks nice but would like some feedback from anyone who has been there. We are simply looking for a nice beach that is not too busy. Thanks

I was at Le Gallion back in 2006. I am not aware of any significant changes there so even though it was awhile ago I think it will be accurate. The road in to Le Gallion was filled with potholes to the max. The beach is quite nice with sand that is fine but not quite as powderey as Pinel or Orient. The slope in to the water is almost non-existent and you can go for a while and still be quite shallow. There was a dock out aways in water that was deep enough to dive from. There is a rugged part of the beach if you continue to the left and if I am remembering correctly I wore shoes and walked up a little hill and the Atlantic was on the other side. Back to the middle of the beach there are some trees to sit under and there is a restaurant and there were chairs to rent near the restaurant. It tends to be a popular beach for the islanders and the weekends can be quite busy. Further to the right of the restaurant and a little walk down the beach and around the corner is where people were windsurfing, I think that they have kite surfing as well. Our kids snorkeled a little in the middle of the beach and saw some fish but I don't remember them seeing anything really neat.

In synopsis, I think that it is a nice beach with decent facilities, it is good for kids especially because of the calm shallow water and natural shade. It has a little more of a rugged quality to it then say Orient or Mullet. There were people there on the two occasions that we visited but it was in no way crowded.

The walk is about a quarter mile along the coastal path/road. Keep in mind that you will arrive at the back end of a nudist resort and then about a quarter mile of nude beach till you get to the clothed area. Taking the back way around on the road and bypassing it would be quita a walk. You can take a look on Google Earth.

Archived