How much time from San Pedro to SNA?

d&a Delaware

We will be returning to San Pedro on Mariner OS on Sunday April 11 (the Sunday after Easter week) and flying out of John Wayne (SNA). We will be with my sister and brother-in-law who will have a car parked at the pier and will drive us to the airport. I now have a choice between a flight at 12:15 pm and one at 12:55 pm, with the first itinerary getting us to Baltimore a full hour before the second. Will the 12:15 departure from SNA be cutting it too close? I do not move through airports quickly, and have a brace which routinely sets of the alarm and subjects me to extra time going through security. But getting to Baltimore an hour earlier to face a 2 hr. drive would be great if it's reasonably doable.

David

David

It's about a 45 minute drive from port to SNA. We live about another 15-20 minutes south of the airport and even disembarking at 10 am have made it home by 11 am.

If you choose the earlier flight, make sure you request early disembarkation. I don't think you will have any problems with the earlier flight unless there is a major delay at port that morning...but then you would have problems with the flight only 40 minutes later as well.

SNA is a rather small airport terminal, after security there is not a long walk. It's very possible you can request assistance, such as a wheelchair ride, I don't recall carts there like at large airports.

Archived