Private transfers in Venice?

McMer

We have planned a two week family cruise for 6 adults and 2 children embarking from Venice this summer. We will be arriving at Marco Polo airport and staying in the San Marco area for a few days before embarkation. Since we have that many people and considerable luggage, we think a private transfer is in order. Does anyone have any experience with or suggestions for a company that can do this for us. Thanks for any help.

We have planned a two week family cruise for 6 adults and 2 children embarking from Venice this summer. We will be arriving at Marco Polo airport and staying in the San Marco area for a few days before embarkation. Since we have that many people and considerable luggage, we think a private transfer is in order. Does anyone have any experience with or suggestions for a company that can do this for us. Thanks for any help.

The only thing that makes sense for you is a water taxi. You can get 6 adults and 2 children in 1 easily. You can book in advance or pick one up at the airport. Google venice airport water taxi. It should cost about 120 Euros. The dock is a level 10 minute walk from the airport departure. 30 minutes by boat to the door of your hotel with a tour of the Laguna passing Murano and San Michele and part of the Grand Canal as a bonus.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and daughter and I will also arrive at Marco Polo and will be heading to the Hotel Danielli near San Marco. We will have ALOT of luggage, I just know we will.

I know we will arrange a water taxi, but was wondering about getting from baggage claim all the way to the dock which I have seen everywhere described as a 10 minute walk.

Are there any service I can book to get us from arrivals to the dock? Either through the taxi company or some other way?

If not, do they have the luggage carts that some airports have and can I wheel to the dock?

My wife and daughter and I will also arrive at Marco Polo and will be heading to the Hotel Danielli near San Marco. We will have ALOT of luggage, I just know we will.

I know we will arrange a water taxi, but was wondering about getting from baggage claim all the way to the dock which I have seen everywhere described as a 10 minute walk.

Are there any service I can book to get us from arrivals to the dock? Either through the taxi company or some other way?

If not, do they have the luggage carts that some airports have and can I wheel to the dock?

http://www.veniceguideandboat.it

I haven't used this personally. You would be paying about 85 euros extra.However, given the cost of the Danielli, it would seem reasonable. I'm told that carts are available. The walk is level. The hotel should be able to give you the name of someone with whom they deal. Tour TA should as well.

Yes, they do have them and yes, you can wheel them the dock.

You can see them in the picture below, as well as a photograph of the sign for the porter service. (Information below taken from this website, which has excellent step-by-step instructions for getting to the water taxi and Alilaguna docks: http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/alilaguna-and-water-taxis-1.htm)

Alilaguna and Water Taxi - Venice Airport

Step-by-step directions to the boat piers

07_step_by_step_airport_outside_terminal_w_luggage_carts_350_pb121929.jpg

Step 1:

07_step_by_step_airport_sign_to_boats_on_brick_wall_125.jpgGo outside the Arrivals terminal and turn left. Walk to the end of the terminal's sidewalk and look for the sign for water taxis and the Alilaguna water bus. The walkway to the piers is straight ahead, beyond the brick column in the photo above.

07_step_by_step_airport_sign_porters_125.jpgYou'll also see a sign for the very expensive porter service outside the terminal. Unless you're desperate, roll your wheeled suitcase behind you or get a luggage trolley. (You'll need a coin to unlock a luggage trolley; see the instruction next to the row of carts for details.)

Hi, My question is just the opposite. We are arriving by ship in Venice and need to get to a private condo. Where and how do we pick up the water taxi?

Thanks.

The cruise port web site lists four different water taxi companies that service cruise passengers (list here: http://www.vtp.it/pages/navi/crociera.jsp?idm=48HABC1RT2O01HJ648357A6XLQ57VF56A5QO8S2U1S41F6ENDDFVRI847G33R657&prg=5&n=null)

The terminal map shows you where the water taxis dock: http://www.vtp.it/pages/pdfMappe/terminalCrociere.pdf

Water taxis will cost you probably double what a land vehicle will. We had a private transfer from the cruise terminal for a family of 6 with 12 pcs of luggage to MArco Polo airport last AUgust. I am sorry I cannot remember the name of the company but, all I did was punch in Venice transfers in google and booked it online. Sophia showed up as promised at 7:15am (we had a 10:00am flight to Sicily) with a Mercedes 8pax van that worked quite nicely. We were charged 60euros plus tip for a one way trip. Even if you require 2 vehicles I would say that would be cheaper than a water taxi IMHO. It took about 20 minutes to get to the airport.

Hi, My question is just the opposite. We are arriving by ship in Venice and need to get to a private condo. Where and how do we pick up the water taxi?

Thanks.

If you want some fun, copy and paste these numbers into Google Earth. 45.438174,12.312146 Don't forget the comma. The larger white boats are alilaguna buses. The smaller ones are water taxis. There are 2 docks. The large building on top is the terminal building. There is a ticket desk at the exit from the building. You can find someone to share with right there.

Archived