My Time Dining

relic937

My wife and I booked our 2nd cruise this year on the Freedom out of PT Canaveral. The 1st one is in may and the 2nd is for November. We booked for Nov last week and requested my time dining...this is over 9 months away

We were told that there was no my time dining available and we would have to take 8:30 dining, so we then asked for early dining and was told that that was not available either. When we asked if the ship was full we were told that 800 people had booked.

As this is less that half I asked why we couldn't get our choice. We were told by a Royal vac planner that they held a large amount of dining times just in case a large group wanted a certain time. She said that if it was not filled we would probably get the dining we wanted.

It's kind of sad that with the economy in the shape it is in and how hard it is for working people to come up with the money,and booking 9 months out we are 2nd class guests to the possible large groups. I wonder where RC would be if every couple realized they were unimportant to RC?

We are waitlisted and we are hoping that we will get what we requested (My Time)

My point is why do they feel it's okay to block out dining times based on large groups that haven't even booked yet???

It should be "first come first serve"........our money is just as green as there's!!!

My wife and I booked our 2nd cruise this year on the Freedom out of PT Canaveral. The 1st one is in may and the 2nd is for November. We booked for Nov last week and requested my time dining...this is over 9 months away

We were told that there was no my time dining available and we would have to take 8:30 dining, so we then asked for early dining and was told that that was not available either. When we asked if the ship was full we were told that 800 people had booked.

As this is less that half I asked why we couldn't get our choice. We were told by a Royal vac planner that they held a large amount of dining times just in case a large group wanted a certain time. She said that if it was not filled we would probably get the dining we wanted.

It's kind of sad that with the economy in the shape it is in and how hard it is for working people to come up with the money,and booking 9 months out we are 2nd class guests to the possible large groups. I wonder where RC would be if every couple realized they were unimportant to RC?

Call back and get your names waitlisted for your preferred Dining. Most likely it will work out.

If you don't get your preffered seating on boarding day, you almost certainly will get it by night 2....just get on the waitlist and hit the dining room to re-confirm when you board.

This sort of thing happens all the time....that "group" was put together, but not ALL of that group is going to want the same seating...guaranteed!

If you don't get your preffered seating on boarding day, you almost certainly will get it by night 2....just get on the waitlist and hit the dining room to re-confirm when you board.

This sort of thing happens all the time....that "group" was put together, but not ALL of that group is going to want the same seating...guaranteed!

I do understand that most cruiselines do the same things but you are missing my whole point........

If we are willing to book early and give them our hard earned $$$ as a deposit why are WE the ones that have to run around after boarding and try and beg for our dining times if we are not "lucky" enough to get it before we cruise?

I don't have a problem with them holding some tables for potential groups, what I do have a problem with is them blocking out both the early dining time and My Time for people who have not even booked.

Archived