Why so much Alcohol???

Destiniiii

I have to say it is amazing how sanctimonious some people can be. I wonder if all the "moral" people posting here are as vigilant in their land based lives.

I wonder if they always observe the speed limit. Do they come to a complete stop at stop signs? Do they always pay their income taxes without fudging the least little bit? Do they ever bring a Cuban cigar back to the states? Have they ever told a lie? Have they ever had an affair? I don’t know and you know what? It’s of no concern to me.

We all go on vacation to have a good time, so please let’s agree to disagree on this issue. I hope everyone has a great cruise!

once the lake freezes , there is no difference , get it ?

No actually I don't get it! Doesn't matter much to me but was just wondering why you would call someone who stated they live in Michigan, a Canadian, thought maybe you needed a geography refresher.

No actually I don't get it! Doesn't matter much to me but was just wondering why you would call someone who stated they live in Michigan, a Canadian, thought maybe you needed a geography refresher.

you missed the point . it wasn't about geography , it was about being rude . reread the thread and you'll understand .

The drinkers are helping keep the price down, let us get started on our own booze so we are just buzzed enough to pay $6.61 for beers. Then when we are drunk, you buy us a shot to help get our second wind and we'll buy even more drinks:)

I was starting to get annoyed with this thread until this post came up. Too funny and true! Once buzzed, people tend to want to continue to have a few drinks and very well may end up signing away many dollars later in the evening if having a good time. I have seen it before and wonder how people can afford it.

The marked error in your post is this :

"why would everyone bring so much alcohol? Is it because you don't want to pay the incredible high prices of the drinks on the ship? (which I totally understand)"

Any hotel in the USA of Holiday Inn or better quality has bar prices as high or higher than Carnival. And medium upscale restaurants or lounges also have prices in the same range or much higher than Carnival's. The prices are NOT high for a quality bar or lounge. You shouldn't know that being a non-drinker but the smugglers either live in caves, frequent dive bars or are just being CHEAP. Claiming its because Carnival's prices are too high just is not a fact.

And smuggling does happen on all mass market lines.

What quality bar pours 1oz rotgut drinks for top shelf triple pour prices?

i dont mean 2 add fuel 2 the fire...but..i ALSO thought ontario..was in canada..

that must mean..i DO need a refresher class..(ur cool cruiser says u r from ontario...that is also a place in michigan?)

No, it was regarding an earlier post where someone stated they lived in a resort town in Northern Michigan and Hooking4 called them a Canadian.

I won't speak for K -- but for me, it comes down to this: I tend to ignore rules that I find capricious and/or without merit.

I don't believe that I am doing anything ILLEGAL or UNETHICAL by taking my own alcohol onboard. I'm not hurting anyone else nor causing trouble for anyone else.

I understand that Carnival would prefer that I don't bring my own booze, in order to increase their profit margins.

I would prefer not to increase their profit margin (any more than I already have) and thus I bring a small quantity of my own booze. And it doesn't bother my conscience one little bit. (Perhaps the fact that I know I'll purchase plenty of drinks on my Sail & Sign card helps me avoid the guilty feelings!)

YEA! Thank you Ericrz!!!!...I couldn't have said it any better;)

...This is why we have always tried to take it on board.

Our Sail and sign bill is a high one also:D

We only take enough for a few drinks in the cabin/balcony. I feel no guilt either:p

Darlene

Neither of us drink wine, so being allowed to bring 2 bottles doesn't work for me. DH is a beer drinker. Nothing fancy although he likes microbrews on occasion. If he drank liquor we would probably buy it from Bon Voyage. But I am not going to pay $100+ for a case of beer. And I am not going to pay $5-6 per beer more than a few times. And I am not going to ask DH to not drink on vacation. So I can smuggle or I can go on land vacations where it isn't an issue.

Hi former neighbor!!!!!!! (please excuse minor hijack)

My last 5 day I brought a lot of my own liquor and still spent over $700.00 on booze. My last 7 day was well over $1600.00 and I brought about three bottles of hard liquor. So they are not raising their prices because of me but maybe because of you. You're obviously not drinking enough. :eek: If you think their liquor prices are high because they're loosing money due to smuggling then I got some ocean front property here in New Mexico you might be interested in. Lol JK :D

Hiccup!! :D

Archived