Carnival Legend 2/7-2/14 Review with Pics!

IslandToIsland

Froggy,

Thanks for the review. My girlfriend and I are the same age as you guys and doing a lot of the same things on the Legend (booked for September). Definitely looking forward to it. We were undecided about Roatan but I'll have to show her your review.

:eek::eek:Hi Froggy!! My husband and I were on the Legend March 23rd, 2008, and had an absolutely amazing time!!! One of our best friends joined us, everyday after we were done our excursions and got back on the ship him and I would go our seperate ways and have a nap, my husband laughed and called us old!! LOL...it just felt nice to nap and wake up so refreshed. I thought it was just us getting old(not that I am LOL:rolleyes:) but after reading your reviews I'm glad I wasn't the only one...it must be the fresh air. By far my favorite ports were Belize and Roatan. They were absolutely amazing!! We did a Pirate, monkey and bird excursion in Roatan where a monkey tried stealing my hubby's hat(unsucceeded LOL:p), I also got my hair braided there. In Belize we did the Mayan Ruins and River Wallace excursion where I got up close and personal to a croc. Our tour guide took the boat we were on and got very close to it so I bent over to take a picture just as he poked it with the end of a mop handle, all of a sudden I was almost on the lap of the gentleman on the other side of the boat!!:eek: Everyone started laughing...the croc had come out of the water and scared the crap out of me!!!! LOL!!! We also saw a turtle, some insects that are the size of fruit bats(they are the insects that pollinate the flowers they use to make tequilla), and a dolphin! I have never been so excited in my life, I actually cried cause I have always wanted to see one in person! We didn't get to see the manarays though as they were below feeding.

It's so nice when you can compare stories and get different ideas of what to do if you decide to go on that same cruise again. We are actually going on the Victory April 4th, 2010 this time. We are very excited!!

I'm so glad you had a great time on the Legend too...I have read a few reviews people have had a horrible time and it makes me sad just because I couldn't believe that after the experience I had that anyone else could possibly think it was bad.

Anyways, it was great reading and seeing the pictures of your trip...it was like a walk down memory lane for me!

I'm glad you enjoyed reading. We have been to Belize twice and loved it each time. If we go again maybe we will do the ruins. The river with crocs now that may be a different story..lol

The Victory has wonderful ports and I'm sure you will have a great time. When you are in Barbados, be sure to swim with the turtles!:)

We actually have a Tiami Sails, turtles and beach excursion booked in Barbados. We are super excited for it! When we were in the Cayman Islands we were supposed to swim with the turtles and stingrays but because the waters were "choppy" they cancelled the excursion on us. Hopefully that won't happen this time.

Just got our cabin assigned!! Yippee. We got 8K 7179. I found the room on the plans, but wonder what does 8K mean? We are thrilled not to have obstructed view and also to have cabin above and below us. Anyone know what 8K means?

An 8K is an extended balcony. If this is what you got with a guaranteed booking I would say you did well! :)

Great review and photos! We are visiting Roatan on the Dream in May. Just a quick question about West Bay Beach - Did you have to pay to get into the Mayan Princess or did you just walk through to get to the beach area?

Thanks!

We had to pay $10pp for a day pass. This included use of the pool and beach chairs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Froggy,

I remember seeing you and your boyfriend as well. Too bad we're on different legs of the Miracle.

Loved your review and all the pictures. Somehow I don't know if I saw all of them the other time I read your review. You captured all of the beauty and fun of the week.

I was wondering if you were able to post your capers?Would love to see them!!Thanks so much for your review, we are sailing on her next year:)

I do have my capers, but I have been having problems with my scanner. Is there something in particular you would like to know? I would be happy to look it up for you.

Hey Froggy,

I remember seeing you and your boyfriend as well. Too bad we're on different legs of the Miracle.

Loved your review and all the pictures. Somehow I don't know if I saw all of them the other time I read your review. You captured all of the beauty and fun of the week.

Thanks so much Delta, we really did have a great time.

I do have my capers, but I have been having problems with my scanner. Is there something in particular you would like to know? I would be happy to look it up for you.

We would like to know if there is a difference in time fromthe ship to the times at the ports?I know we always stay on ship time but would like to the times of the islands for booking excursions...thank you so much!!!:)

We would like to know if there is a difference in time fromthe ship to the times at the ports?I know we always stay on ship time but would like to the times of the islands for booking excursions...thank you so much!!!:)

It doesn't say on the capers what time it is in each island, it just tells you when you will arrive to that island. Since you already know that you stay on ship time, you will be all set. The tour companies you book with know the time difference and they are aware that you are on ships time. Just ask the tour operater when you book. Give them the time you are docking in ships time and they will let you know what time to meet.

• 4 weeks later...

I was so excited to see your review as we are doing 2 of the excursions you did. We are doing Nachi Cocom in Cozumel and Rays, Reef, and Rum Point in Grand Cayman.

I have a silly question. With the sting rays and snorkeling in Grand Cayman, can you touch the bottom? I can swim but not long distances. I just feel more comfortable if I can touch bottom every once in a while. Also do you know what people do if they are not interested in doing any leg of the excursion? We have some in our group that do not swim at all or do not like it.:confused:

We cruise in 20 days and I am sooo ready. Thanks for your help.

I was so excited to see your review as we are doing 2 of the excursions you did. We are doing Nachi Cocom in Cozumel and Rays, Reef, and Rum Point in Grand Cayman.

I have a silly question. With the sting rays and snorkeling in Grand Cayman, can you touch the bottom? I can swim but not long distances. I just feel more comfortable if I can touch bottom every once in a while. Also do you know what people do if they are not interested in doing any leg of the excursion? We have some in our group that do not swim at all or do not like it.:confused:

We cruise in 20 days and I am sooo ready. Thanks for your help.

You will love them both!

Ok so, with the Rays, Reef, & Rum Point Tour you can always touch the bottom at Sting Ray City, that will not be a problem, the water is about waist deep. If you choose to snorkel, which is in another area away from the rays, you can not touch the bottom. They provide you with life jackets and if you get tired you can always just lay back and float until you feel rested enough. For those that do not swim they can stay on the boat if they choose. Anymore questions feel free to ask.:)

• 4 years later...
Day 4- 2/10/10 Cozumel

This was our second time in Cozumel. This time we had 7 ships in port including ours, so we decided to go to Nachi Cocom. I was a little nervous due to the recent reviews I was reading about the service when it is busy. It actually wasn’t really that busy considering how many people were in Cozumel that day. The $49pp was definitely worth it for us. BF was throwing back beer and tequila shots like they were going out of style. Now THAT is another story. Let’s just say he asked me how he got back to the ship.:eek: Anyway, the food was good and nice size portions. We ordered nachos and chicken quesadillas. I had flan for dessert.

The weather there was cloudy at first and at one point everyone took cover at all the tables because it was getting really dark. I don’t think it actually rained, maybe just a sprinkle. A little while later it cleared up. BF said the water was chilly at first, but I didn’t go in. We spent most of the second half of the day in the "warm" tub talking to the people we met throughout the day. Nachi Cocom is a beautiful place.

Taken in port area

CarnivalLegend2-7thru2-14223.jpg?t=1266637106

Nachi Cocom

CarnivalLegend2-7thru2-14239.jpg?t=1266637627

CarnivalLegend2-7thru2-14238.jpg?t=1266637659

We've been to Nachi Cocum a few times. We love the place and I'm sure that will be our destination the next time we go to Cozumel. I also have a picture in that cake. :) Someone I know had a very similar story to you and your BF about getting back to the ship. LOL I love your review and we will be on the Legend in a couple months.

• 2 weeks later...