Carnival Legend 2/7-2/14 Review with Pics!

IslandToIsland

Awesome review, Froggy4! Thank you for taking the time to share with your fellow cruisers. Really got me reved up for our first cruise on this itinerary via the Legend also....28 days to goooo!!

Your pictures are great....what type of camara did you use?

We have also booked Victor Bodden in Roatan, any must sees, in your opinion?

Thanks again, really enjoyed your review and great pic's!!

Awesome review, Froggy4! Thank you for taking the time to share with your fellow cruisers. Really got me reved up for our first cruise on this itinerary via the Legend also....28 days to goooo!!

Your pictures are great....what type of camara did you use?

We have also booked Victor Bodden in Roatan, any must sees, in your opinion?

Thanks again, really enjoyed your review and great pic's!!

Thank you, I use a canon powershot sd870 is. I love it.

I think you will see alot in the sightseeing part of the tour. We really liked seeing the volcanic rock by the water. I'm not sure exactly where that was, but I'm sure your driver will know. Do you know who you will have for a driver?

I also say definitely do the Monkey Business, we had alot of fun there and if you like to snorkel, West Bay is the way to go.

Froggy...Thanks for a great review and all the pictures. Glad you and marcus had a wonderful time. What's next on your cruising plate?

Crew

We are sailing on the Liberty in Sept. HMC, Grand Turk, San Juan, and St. Thomas. Really looking forward to HMC!

Edited by froggy4

We booked with Victor Bodden when wen were on Legend last April and also had Tex as our guide. What a great Guy!!! The thing that struck me most about Roatan was how proud they are of their island (they should be, it is absolutely beautiful) and how genuinely friendly everyone was. They really seemed to appreciate that we were there.

We had a number of special requests, and Tex arranged for us to do everything we wanted.

We'd asked in advance to visit a school. I've worked in K-12 education in the past and still work in an education related field. I thought it might be eye-opening for our DS and DD to see what schools were like in other, less developed parts of the world. It was a great experience, but I have to say that it backfired a little. The school itself was about what you would expect, primitive compared to what we are used to here in the U.S. But.....it is RIGHT ON THE BEACH!!! We were taken to meet a kindergarten class, and the children were all so adorable in their uniforms. WE brought some Mardi Gras beads for the kids (We are from Mobile AL.....Mardi Gras is a big deal here) and the kids loved them. We also brought a large package of basic school supplies to give to the staff.

My DW is a Registered Nurse and was interested in seeing a hospital or clinic. Tex took us to a medical clinic that is run by a retired American nurse who moved to Roatan ~15 years ago. HE introduced her to the staff, and in nothing flat they were showing her all around and "talking shop". I think this may have been her favorite part of the trip.

Then we went to Victor's house to see the monkeys (very cute) and the kids wen't zip-lining.

Tex took us to a great local place for lunch and then just drove us all around the island, telling us about the local culture and history.

Definitely our favorite excursion ever.

If I ever win the lottery........I am moving to Roatan.

Tracey,

Great review! We are booked on the Legend in 3 weeks. Nachi Cochum looks awesome. We have our reservations there, and it is really nice to know that you and Marcus enjoyed it. How was the service there? Did it seem to be at capacity that day?

We are planning on doing some snorkeling, and we just bought a Canon D10 underwater camera today. How was the snorkeling at Bannister Island? We are booked on a Carnival excursion and think that we will be going there.

Can't wait to cruise with you guys next year on the Miracle with the Maniacs! Thanks for the wonderful pictures and great review of the Legend!

Paul

Thank you for looking. :) My BF was taking the video and there is a long neck strap, so I'm thinking he may have dropped the camera as he was holding it. I'm not sure. He didn't mention anything about falling.

Sorry, didn't word my question right ... I didn't think BF fell but rather someone beside (??) him fell in. Really not terribly important so no worries :D

Keep up the great work. Loving it!

We booked with Victor Bodden when wen were on Legend last April and also had Tex as our guide. What a great Guy!!! The thing that struck me most about Roatan was how proud they are of their island (they should be, it is absolutely beautiful) and how genuinely friendly everyone was. They really seemed to appreciate that we were there.

We had a number of special requests, and Tex arranged for us to do everything we wanted.

We'd asked in advance to visit a school. I've worked in K-12 education in the past and still work in an education related field. I thought it might be eye-opening for our DS and DD to see what schools were like in other, less developed parts of the world. It was a great experience, but I have to say that it backfired a little. The school itself was about what you would expect, primitive compared to what we are used to here in the U.S. But.....it is RIGHT ON THE BEACH!!! We were taken to meet a kindergarten class, and the children were all so adorable in their uniforms. WE brought some Mardi Gras beads for the kids (We are from Mobile AL.....Mardi Gras is a big deal here) and the kids loved them. We also brought a large package of basic school supplies to give to the staff.

My DW is a Registered Nurse and was interested in seeing a hospital or clinic. Tex took us to a medical clinic that is run by a retired American nurse who moved to Roatan ~15 years ago. HE introduced her to the staff, and in nothing flat they were showing her all around and "talking shop". I think this may have been her favorite part of the trip.

Then we went to Victor's house to see the monkeys (very cute) and the kids wen't zip-lining.

Tex took us to a great local place for lunch and then just drove us all around the island, telling us about the local culture and history.

Definitely our favorite excursion ever.

If I ever win the lottery........I am moving to Roatan.

They are definitely proud of their island and I agree it is absolutely beautiful. Tex is awesome isn't he? I told him he was one of the most requested guides here on CC. It was my favorite island on the cruise. We are actually thinking about planning a land vacation there. Tex gave us a card of someone he knows that is in realty and rents houses etc. We will definitely be checking that out.

GREAT REVIEW FROGGY THANKS!! Now I wish my cruise wasn't so far away (Sept 19) on the Legend. Its funny cause I really dont book that far in advance. Looks like u had a blast! Great pics. u took a pic of the Valor (my last cruise):D I love that ship. My heart melted when I saw her(lol). Thanks again. Can't wait to read more reviews from u! Keep Cruisin!

Tracey,

Great review! We are booked on the Legend in 3 weeks. Nachi Cochum looks awesome. We have our reservations there, and it is really nice to know that you and Marcus enjoyed it. How was the service there? Did it seem to be at capacity that day?

We are planning on doing some snorkeling, and we just bought a Canon D10 underwater camera today. How was the snorkeling at Bannister Island? We are booked on a Carnival excursion and think that we will be going there.

Can't wait to cruise with you guys next year on the Miracle with the Maniacs! Thanks for the wonderful pictures and great review of the Legend!

Paul

Hi Paul, thank you! The service at Nachi Cocom was great. We had Joseph as our server and he kept the drinks coming. When he seen we were done, he brought over new ones without us even asking. To me, it did not look like they reached capacity. I was sure they would with 7 ships in port, but I would say maybe 50-75 people? The day got fuzzy from middle to end.:p

We got there early and more people started to come late morning to early afternoon.

As for the snorkeling, we did not do any off shore right on the beach. It took us about 10min. by boat to get to the snorkel spot. The day we were there it was cloudy and a little rainy, so the water was choppy. Unfortunately, that day there really wasn't much to see.

I am actually looking into buying a new underwater camera for my cruise in Sept. It is between the Canon D10 and one of the Olympus models. Please let me know how you liked the Canon.

I am really looking forward to cruising with you guys also, I can't wait!

GREAT REVIEW FROGGY THANKS!! Now I wish my cruise wasn't so far away (Sept 19) on the Legend. Its funny cause I really dont book that far in advance. Looks like u had a blast! Great pics. u took a pic of the Valor (my last cruise):D I love that ship. My heart melted when I saw her(lol). Thanks again. Can't wait to read more reviews from u! Keep Cruisin!

I know it seems so long doesn't it? Don't worry it will be here before you know it. We did have a blast and thank you. I hope to cruise on the Valor one day. She looks like a nice ship.:)

Great review an picture's. Was on legend in sept an going back on this sept.soooo far away.

Thank you also, like I said before she is my favorite ship to date and I would love to cruise on her again.

Froggy, really enjoyed your review. We live close to Tampa but have never taken the Legend. Have cruised out of Miami, Port C but maybe we were saving the best for this year. Plan on either October, Nov or Dec. Your review helped to make my decision, although we've been to all the ports you go to on the Legend. Hope you enjoy Miracle, we really did!!!! Pictures were awesome!!!!!

Tracey,

Paul

Paul,

You should join the roll call for the 3/14 Legend sailing! It is getting close, can't wait!!!

"monkey jizz" haha you guys are awesome :P i really enjoyed your review; the best i've read by far. its been very informational for our legend trip in 2 weeks. thanks for all the hard work you put in froggy, its much appreciated. :)

LOL....thank you so much. That monkey just loved him! That was definitely one of the highlights of our trip.:)

Thank you so much for the detailed review with the pics. I have been lurking during my lunch hour at work, I don't have much time on the computer at home. We are booked on this cruise for Sept 5th and you review makes me wish we were leaving sooner. Thanks again.:D

:eek::eek:Hi Froggy!! My husband and I were on the Legend March 23rd, 2008, and had an absolutely amazing time!!! One of our best friends joined us, everyday after we were done our excursions and got back on the ship him and I would go our seperate ways and have a nap, my husband laughed and called us old!! LOL...it just felt nice to nap and wake up so refreshed. I thought it was just us getting old(not that I am LOL:rolleyes:) but after reading your reviews I'm glad I wasn't the only one...it must be the fresh air. By far my favorite ports were Belize and Roatan. They were absolutely amazing!! We did a Pirate, monkey and bird excursion in Roatan where a monkey tried stealing my hubby's hat(unsucceeded LOL:p), I also got my hair braided there. In Belize we did the Mayan Ruins and River Wallace excursion where I got up close and personal to a croc. Our tour guide took the boat we were on and got very close to it so I bent over to take a picture just as he poked it with the end of a mop handle, all of a sudden I was almost on the lap of the gentleman on the other side of the boat!!:eek: Everyone started laughing...the croc had come out of the water and scared the crap out of me!!!! LOL!!! We also saw a turtle, some insects that are the size of fruit bats(they are the insects that pollinate the flowers they use to make tequilla), and a dolphin! I have never been so excited in my life, I actually cried cause I have always wanted to see one in person! We didn't get to see the manarays though as they were below feeding.

It's so nice when you can compare stories and get different ideas of what to do if you decide to go on that same cruise again. We are actually going on the Victory April 4th, 2010 this time. We are very excited!!

I'm so glad you had a great time on the Legend too...I have read a few reviews people have had a horrible time and it makes me sad just because I couldn't believe that after the experience I had that anyone else could possibly think it was bad.

Anyways, it was great reading and seeing the pictures of your trip...it was like a walk down memory lane for me!