Single cabins on windstar

DISNEY GIRL

Hello folks - we have just returned from a wonderful week on the Windsurf and would like to book again for next January. However, our friend who was recently widowed, would like to join us - but Windstar don't seem to have any single cabins. Apparently, Windstar offer a 10% discount for single travellers - that seems a rather low discount, mindful only one person is eating. Any ideas or tips please??? Does anyone know whether the suites have 3 beds?? Thanks Sandy

You should discuss this with Windstar or a TA, but I'll let you know what I've found as a single on Windstar. The usual fare for a single is 175% of a regular fare. The suites on the Wind Surf have 3 berths, it looks like a double bed and a convertable sofa. Some of the regular cabins have 3 berths, but would be quite cozy for 3 people.

I assume you are looking at 3 in a suite to save money, but that doesn't look like it would work. On a typical cruise with a base fare of $2899, the total fare in 3 cabins would be $10,871 (Category B) or 11,621(Category A). The suites are $4,399 each, or 13,197. I would think that unless you already want a suite, you'd be better off with two cabins. On the Wind Star or Wind Spirit, I think you could also get interconnecting cabins.

Oops. I just rechecked the brochure and it says "Third person rates on request", so you will probably have to call for the accurate information (a good idea anyway). Third person rates might be low enough to make a suite attractive, but you'll probably need to contact Windstar to get a real reading.

• 2 weeks later...

I just went on Windstar Surf for two weeks as a single. I paid a lot. I went for the itinerary, (Windstar ended up cancelling two of the ports in one of the weeks). I cannot justify the price, compared to the larger cruise ships.

Nobody has found a way to avoid the single supplement ....... three in a room is very difficult and usually the discount is not that great for the third person.

Archived