NCL deals at a travel show

Smellytoes

I'm on my way to a travel show in Boston. I was wondering if any CC members have found significant deals at one of these shows. I did my homework and I'm not finding any great bargains for this summer. Last summer was much better. I was hoping to have some luck at the travel show.

The best deal is free admision to the show with the full page ad from the Boston Globe.

I stopped by last night on my way home from work as I wanted to pick up information about Alaska to supplement what I already have for our up coming cruise.

Over the years, the quality of the travel show has declined. Some of the major cruise lines are not there this year, same can be said about large travel agencies.

Darcy

The best deal is free admision to the show with the full page ad from the Boston Globe.

I stopped by last night on my way home from work as I wanted to pick up information about Alaska to supplement what I already have for our up coming cruise.

Over the years, the quality of the travel show has declined. Some of the major cruise lines are not there this year, same can be said about large travel agencies.

Darcy

Well DH and I got stuck in traffic and by the time we arrived at the Travel show there was only a few minutes left. We were too cheap to pay for parking for the 15 minutes that we would have had. Now I'm glad. (but I really need a vacation this year and I can't find anything good)

I'm on my way to a travel show in Boston. I was wondering if any CC members have found significant deals at one of these shows. I did my homework and I'm not finding any great bargains for this summer. Last summer was much better. I was hoping to have some luck at the travel show.

Hi Smellytoes,

We went to the travel show yesterday. My sister is a TA and worked at the show.

We like to go to the show for information. The RCCL, NCL, and Carnival Reps were there. Most of the larger land and cruise agents were there for for booking. It looked like there were some good last minute deals too.

I did notice that there were more perks (200.00 off) if you book at the show. There were other things as incentives/discounts for booking as well.

DW and I thought that there were many more vendors this year. There were booths promoting island vacations, Canada, and states. Some hotels and airline reps were there as well. For example, we found some great information on a tour through Asia that seemed amazing. This is an dream trip for my son so we stopped to talk to the representative. We received a lot of info from him and how this company operates small group tours and are based there. This was an unexpected find. This is something for us to now consider in the future.

The kids even had fun. At dinner we talked about places that they may want to travel to. I like to hear what they have to say. I have a feeling that we may be branching out a bit given the list of places that they want to see.

Hi Smellytoes,

We went to the travel show yesterday. My sister is a TA and worked at the show.

We like to go to the show for information. The RCCL, NCL, and Carnival Reps were there. Most of the larger land and cruise agents were there for for booking. It looked like there were some good last minute deals too.

I did notice that there were more perks (200.00 off) if you book at the show. There were other things as incentives/discounts for booking as well.

DW and I thought that there were many more vendors this year. There were booths promoting island vacations, Canada, and states. Some hotels and airline reps were there as well. For example, we found some great information on a tour through Asia that seemed amazing. This is an dream trip for my son so we stopped to talk to the representative. We received a lot of info from him and how this company operates small group tours and are based there. This was an unexpected find. This is something for us to now consider in the future.

The kids even had fun. At dinner we talked about places that they may want to travel to. I like to hear what they have to say. I have a feeling that we may be branching out a bit given the list of places that they want to see.

Hey Jim, we missed each other.lol I think the travel shows can be fun even if you're not seriously looking to book something. But I was sure what they were charging in the parking garage and I didn't want to get stuck paying a ridiculous amount of money for a very short time.

Hey Jim, we missed each other.lol I think the travel shows can be fun even if you're not seriously looking to book something. But I was sure what they were charging in the parking garage and I didn't want to get stuck paying a ridiculous amount of money for a very short time.

We actually were able to park on the street at a meter so it really did not cost much at all:D! We were there in the late morning/early afternoon.

Last year we were able to park at the lot across the street which was much less than the garage.;)

Archived