I'm from Tampa and embarrassed!

cruzincurt

8 PM... what's up - did Carnival inform you of this?

Thanks,

Tom

Hey Tom! Yes, we were informed of this... it was actually listed in the Carnival brochure that this cruise will be leaving at 8PM. After the super bowl, she is going on a special 3 day cruise, then after dropping everyone off, heading to Tampa.... then apparently, they have to "de super bowl" things? LOL... I would imagine they are going to be adding some things for the super bowl festivities and it will take some time to get the ship back in normal condition... they are at least letting us board at 1:30... Who knows what else they will be doing that will take so long, but they are probably just covering themselves!!!!

Hey Tom! Yes, we were informed of this... it was actually listed in the Carnival brochure that this cruise will be leaving at 8PM. After the super bowl, she is going on a special 3 day cruise, then after dropping everyone off, heading to Tampa.... then apparently, they have to "de super bowl" things? LOL... I would imagine they are going to be adding some things for the super bowl festivities and it will take some time to get the ship back in normal condition... they are at least letting us board at 1:30... Who knows what else they will be doing that will take so long, but they are probably just covering themselves!!!!

yes - after I posted I recall hearing about that...:o

1:30 is bad at all - plenty of time to start the party!

This will be a big change for you from Fantasy class ships - you will love it, even the big grapes in the dining room!

Tom

Our party of 6 was on the 1/23 - 1/30 sailing of the Miracle. We had to use a freight terminal and be bussed over to the cruise terminal upon debarkation. Was it a hassle...not really. Carnival handled it as best as they could. We did not have to wait for busses and we made the best of it. I don't understand people having a hissy fit because of it. Geez, if that was the worst thing that ever happened to me, I'd be happy. As the saying goes, "$*(# happens", get over it already. The rest of the cruise was great. Wish we could have stayed on and gone to Jacksonville to cheer on the Patriots!!

Nancy

Our party of 6 was on the 1/23 - 1/30 sailing of the Miracle. We had to use a freight terminal and be bussed over to the cruise terminal upon debarkation. Was it a hassle...not really. Carnival handled it as best as they could. We did not have to wait for busses and we made the best of it. I don't understand people having a hissy fit because of it. Geez, if that was the worst thing that ever happened to me, I'd be happy. As the saying goes, "$*(# happens", get over it already. The rest of the cruise was great. Wish we could have stayed on and gone to Jacksonville to cheer on the Patriots!!

Nancy

I would not have a hissy fit over it at debarkation either. My concern would be getting ON the ship. That first time on the ship and the first day lunch and exploring the ship etc is a very exciting part of the cruise for us, and we would be very disappointed if I didnt get on til 6 pm. dont mind getting off late, but sure dont want delays getting ON.

:)

I would not have a hissy fit over it at debarkation either. My concern would be getting ON the ship. That first time on the ship and the first day lunch and exploring the ship etc is a very exciting part of the cruise for us, and we would be very disappointed if I didnt get on til 6 pm. dont mind getting off late, but sure dont want delays getting ON.

:)

Hear, hear. If I'd spent thousands of dollars on a family vacation, and had to start it by being crammed for hours into an unhappy mob in a departure terminal, waiting for my bus to be called, and not getting onto the ship until late afternoon (which IS what happened to those embarking on 1/16), I'd darn well sure throw a so-called "hissy fit!"

And would have no problem with others who did!!!

yes - after I posted I recall hearing about that...:o

1:30 is bad at all - plenty of time to start the party!

This will be a big change for you from Fantasy class ships - you will love it, even the big grapes in the dining room!

Tom

errr... it was too early when that was posted.. LOL

should be: is NOT bad at all :o

Tom

I'm leaving on the Miracle 2/13/05. If this situation is not resolved by then, I'm not worried about getting ON the ship, I'm worried about getting OFF the ship and making it to the airport to catch my flight. Can someone on one of the recent cruises who had to disembark at Hooker's Point give me an idea what time you actually arrived back at the cruise terminal to get your luggage and then get to the airport?

• 1 year later...

I started reading thinking here we go again another tanker blocking entry. Then I read the dates. Why rehash old news. Tampa is a great place to cruise in and out of.

Not to mention airfare is usually more reasonable to Tampa

Archived