Caribbean Princess Pax Killed in Tortola Excursion

MrPete

Just heatbreaking. I just can't imagine what this family is going though. On our stop in Tortola 3 weeks ago I rented a car so we could do our own thing. It takes complete concentration while driving those roads and it's easy to understand how something can go wrong. What a shame.

My heart is breaking for the family of this young man. Prayers to the parents as they have to deal with the loss of a child...something no parent should ever have to do.

I am also so sad for all those involved in this horrific accident.

We leave in a few short weeks for this same trip and I know that I will feel very differently about the transportation we use while on the islands. I am very guilty of just going with the flow...we are on vacation, aren't we? It isn't a fault...many of us work so hard that when we finally get to paradise...all we want to do is enjoy the very best of our vacation.

Thanks so much to Sans10 for posting....it must have been very difficult to put into words what is happening on the ship.....

Wishing everyone here on cruise critic....safe travels filled with peace and joy....

When you get off the ship in Tortola, there are many many open air taxi's waiting to take you to the beach, etc. They seem fun being open air and all but really are dangerous. After the trip we took, we will never get in one again.

What a terrible thing for the parents to go through. I cannot imagine the pain they're in right now.

I hope the others that are seriously injured heal quickly. For everyone, I betcha they are not going to get over this any time soon. It stays with you for years, especially when you're going over a bridge or up a steep hill on a mountainside.

So very ironic--I have been following this thread enviously as I sit at home recovering from the broken hip and wrist that forced me to cancel this cruise. But I will recover.

Now I can only think of the horrible accident that claimed Aaron's life and what his family must be going through. Their lives will never be the same.

And for all of the rest of the bus passengers--both physically injured and emotionally damaged--how do they carry on with the rest of the cruise?

My heart and prayers go out to all of you.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Aaron's family and friends and all the others that have been affected by this awful tragedy.

I have often thought of how dangerous the roads on some of the islands are. We had one heck of a ride in St. John a few years ago in an open air jitney. The driver seemed very careless and almost enjoyed scaring the passengers. I was sure we would end up off the side off the road and this was a ship sponsored excursion.

Last month in St. Lucia, we were on a private excursion and our driver was fantastic but I was still concerned about some of the hairpin turns thinking "what if he loses his brakes?"

I really do believe that when your time is up, there is no stopping it. The only thing we have control over is "how" we go. As tragic as it is, maybe there is some comfort knowing that Aaron was with his family enjoying a trip and he knows he was loved.

May God Bless his parents.

So very ironic--I have been following this thread enviously as I sit at home recovering from the broken hip and wrist that forced me to cancel this cruise. But I will recover.

Now I can only think of the horrible accident that claimed Aaron's life and what his family must be going through. Their lives will never be the same.

And for all of the rest of the bus passengers--both physically injured and emotionally damaged--how do they carry on with the rest of the cruise?

My heart and prayers go out to all of you.

Sorry, meant to post this in Caribbean Princess Roll Call thread.

Archived