Atlanta to Barcelona - May 2005

rgastin

I am trying to get the best price on round trip tickets from Atlanta to Barcelona at the end of May, returning early June. The best I can find right now is about $750 - $800pp. I see specials to Barcelona now but they have to be used before the end of March. Does anyone have any experience about whether fares will get any cheaper or will they tend to go up? Thanks in advance!

Ron

$700-800 is about the average price in May-June for a through flight. You will have to change planes at least once and maybe twice, but it will be ticketed as one flight, so your luggage will be checked through.

If you want to get creative, I can see prices in the $600.00 range. Atlanta to NY, NY to London, London to Barcelona. Three carriers- means check and retrieve luggage 3 times.

Now the big question. Do you want to save money or do you want convenience? Whatever you decide, I would book flights ASAP. The cheaper fares ($700-800) are not even on AA's schedule after June, so expect an increase in price.

I just check for flights in May on Sidestep and I see prices in the high 600 arena. You might try priceline and see if you can get a good price there. I admit it been tough this year. I work with a person trying to get into Rome this late May and its still hight. Good luck... Tim

That's proably low for the direct flight. In the high season we saw last year prices from NY to Barcelona direct going as high as 1500pp If you do a flight Atlantia to NY, NY to London and London to Barcelona....you do not have to collect your luggage with each segment, you will need to show all your tickets in Atlanta and they will send your luggage thru.

We did NY to Paris on AA and then Paris to Barcelona on Air France and they are not travel partners and yet they check our luggage all the way thru to our desination.

• 1 month later...

After checking lots of sites on the internet we finally booked our air through the cruiseline (Celebrity). We will be flying Air France. Our fare includes Atlanta to Paris and Paris to Barcelona. Also Ft Lauderdale to Atlanta and Atlanta to Myrtle Beach, cost $659pp + tax. Ours is a transatlantic cruise beginning October 14, 2005 in Barcelona and ending in Ft Lauderdale. Perhaps we could have gotten it cheaper if we had done more research but we were finding prices of $1200 pp. The bonus as far as we are concerned is that we have a little bit more security booking through the cruiseline with flight delays, etc. and for once the cruiseline was the cheapest we could find.

Archived