Tsunami for Hawaii

Twiz

according to local Hawaii news - all airports are open except for Hilo on the Big Island...POA should be just fine, and hopefully they will get back on track later tonight - although a lot of the passengers leaving on flights through the day will be delayed of course..

The Pride of Aloha is staying out ot sea until the first waves pass. It is expected to dock sometime after 5:00 PM local time when the port is expected to reopen. POA passengers in Hawai'i for the next crusie are asked to contact NCL. The TV commentator guessed that the cruise would leave a few hours late.

First and foremost - my thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by the earthquake and those in Hawaii waiting to see what the effects will be. We spent 2 weeks on the Big Island in 2008 and toured the 1960 Tsunami sites - I am so glad that the warning systems are in place now.

Also, we were just there on a Golden Princess cruise - we love the islands and are closely following this on tv.

I am trying to find out as well. My parents are on POA right now. They will then be flying over to another island for another week. This will obviously mess up all of their nicely planned transfers which will cause them to panic.

First question would be whether they bring the ship into port or keep it at sea. I have to assume that at sea would be safer until the Tsunami passes.

Any info or updates from locals would be appreciated.

Thanks

CC home page is saying that POA is holding out at sea and that passengers that have already arrived are being taken care of and placed in safe hotels until all this gets worked out. They will be working with everyone to cope with this situations.

Did the passengers disembark before she went back out??

From what I have heard the passengers are still on the ship and are holding out at sea because the port is closed.

The Pride of Aloha is staying out ot sea until the first waves pass. It is expected to dock sometime after 5:00 PM local time when the port is expected to reopen. POA passengers in Hawai'i for the next crusie are asked to contact NCL. The TV commentator guessed that the cruise would leave a few hours late.

Considering the current situation, it will probably be more than a few hours late.

Some of my clients that were to board today had their flights canceled and will be boarding the ship tomarrow in Maui tomarrow. I am sure this is true for many of the people that were to board today. Hopefully everyone is safe on board!

My wife and daughter are in Hawaii waiting to leave on this week's trip. NCL told them they still plan to sail later tonight unless told otherwise by local officials.

Thanks so much for posting this. I've been concerned all day about the cruisers due to leave on POA today, and was hoping this would be the case. While my prayers go out to the people in S. America, especially to the people and families of people who have lost their lives, I am also worried about anyone affected by this disaster. We are scheduled to sail on the POA 4/3 and I know it would be a bummer to not be able to make our cruise for any reason. Not as big of a bummer as losing your life, the life of a loved one, or property, but a bummer nonetheless. So far from what I've seen on the news nothing disasterous has happened in Hawaii, so hopefully everyone on the POA, and waiting to get on the POA, will be able to get safely to where they need to be

Archived