Epic December 18-25, 2010 - Are you going ?

AnnArbor_707

Just wondered who from the board will be going on the same cruise. I've (28yrs old) only been on one cruise (Carnival) and my girlfriend (25yrs old) hasn't been on one. We're from Ann Arbor, Michigan and will be more than ready to get out of the cold!

Although it's a long way away I'm anxious to hear which of the cool stuff on the boat they're going to charge extra for. Also, wondering what the age range on the boat will be.

Post up!

Just wondered who from the board will be going on the same cruise. I've (28yrs old) only been on one cruise (Carnival) and my girlfriend (25yrs old) hasn't been on one. We're from Ann Arbor, Michigan and will be more than ready to get out of the cold!

Although it's a long way away I'm anxious to hear which of the cool stuff on the boat they're going to charge extra for. Also, wondering what the age range on the boat will be.

Post up!

Here is a link to your roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=990880

I will be there

I did not intend to pick the Christmas week but I had trouble getting the suite that I wanted. Also, I live in Miami and know too well it is not too wise to book a cruise to the eastern carribean during peak hurricane season (June to November). That area from Miami to the Virgin Islands is called "hurricane alley." So it was not intended but once I booked, I thought it will be nice to be at sea Christmas eve and return on Christmas Day which it will be a great day to relax after your cruise, everything will be closed.

Another perk is that since it is Christmas maybe it will keep the amount of kids on the cruise much lower than normal :)

Funny, I was thinking that since it will be Christmas, my daughter will have more kids to play with than usual - since in the past we've done a lot of off and shoulder season cruising. On the Sky this past December we sailed on December 18 as well, and there were more kids on board than any other cruise we'd taken.

To answer the question about what we're doing, we're scuba diving. I'm hoping to get back in time to check out Phillipsburg in St. Maarten since I've never been there before, and I'm sure my mom would like it. In St. Thomas, there's a little park called Coral World right across from the dive centre we're going with, so I think my mom is going to meet us there after our morning dives. In Nassau, I just booked us for a dive with sharks through Stuart Cove's. Any free time on port days will surely be spent at the on board waterpark. :)

Funny, I was thinking that since it will be Christmas, my daughter will have more kids to play with than usual - since in the past we've done a lot of off and shoulder season cruising. On the Sky this past December we sailed on December 18 as well, and there were more kids on board than any other cruise we'd taken.

C2S, I believe you are correct. Your cruise leaves on Saturday the 18th. Kids will not be in school Sat or Sun. Schools are going to let out for Christmas vacation at least a day before X-mas eve and many families would love to be on a cruise for Christmas eve. The kids are not going to miss that many days (2 or 3) and can pre-arrange for the work assignments to be made up or done while on holiday.

Be ready for lots of kids! Ours, 16 and 12, start their winter break on December 18, and we'll be onboard Epic. Usually, the week after Christmas is busiest, with more families wanting to be home for Christmas. The ratio of kids to adults is much higher both weeks, and on the cruises we've done, there are always extra counselors onboard.

It will be interesting to see how this year shakes out, with one cruise ending on Christmas day, and the next week's cruise beginning and ending on a holiday. My guess is full!

Post up!

I guess you guys are right about the kids with them being out of school. I guess I am old fashioned and think parents and kids want to stay home with the Christmas tree on Christmas day and wishing for a white Christmas

We will find out

I was on the Dawn this past Christmas (returned to port on the 27th) and there were a lot more children and teens than normal. We usually cruise when school's in, but wanted a holiday cruise.

However, even with the greater numbers, they weren't really in the way or too noticeable.

We're booked on this cruise (and b2b 25th December too) and will be travelling with our 15 yr old daughter, and very much hoping there'll be plenty of teens on board. We're from the UK and it sounds as if our kids break up for Christmas holiday before US kids - even with a 2 week cruise, she won't miss any school - we picked this cruise partly because of the dates. It was 'sold' on UK websites as a 14 day cruise, so you may find plenty of British kids doing as we have done. We were on the Coral Princess over Christmas a few years back, and loved it, so hoping this'll be as good.

Be ready for lots of kids! Ours, 16 and 12, start their winter break on December 18, and we'll be onboard Epic. Usually, the week after Christmas is busiest, with more families wanting to be home for Christmas. The ratio of kids to adults is much higher both weeks, and on the cruises we've done, there are always extra counselors onboard.

It will be interesting to see how this year shakes out, with one cruise ending on Christmas day, and the next week's cruise beginning and ending on a holiday. My guess is full!

Have you joined our roll call? Is your 12 year old a girl or a boy? Mine is a girl, but she gets along well with boys as well. Do you think they'd be interested in corresponding before the trip? There are already quite a few kids on the roll call, and I think it would be fun for them to have their own 'Kid's roll call' the same way we grown ups do... only 'cooler'. :rolleyes:

Archived