Alaska 2011

happylady

Am I the only one that's impatiently waiting for the posting of the Alaska 2011 schedule? :o

How else is interested??:D

That should have been "Who else is interested??"

Anyone know when the 2011 schedule well be out?

My dh and myself are wanting to take his parents to Alaska for their 50th anniversary. I look everyday. Our dd's (4) are planning on going also. What a

great family gathering. I wish April would get here. I am itching to book.

I didn't want to wait any longer and I needed a cruise to look forward to, so I booked DH and I on the Legend for a 7-night cruise to the western Caribbean in December. :D

Alaska will have to wait for another time. :rolleyes:

I am hoping they go back to Southbound and Northbound cruises in 2011. The port times are so much better and Sitka is a great port. Also the ride from Anchorage to Whittier is amazing.

Does this mean that we could leave from SoCal are return to SoCal with no air fare involved?

I emailed Carnival back in February about when the booking was going to open for Alaska, and this is what they had to say:

Those dates should be open by at least mid March. I will keep you posted as they have not announced Alaska schedule for 2011.

I didn't want to wait any longer and I needed a cruise to look forward to, so I booked DH and I on the Legend for a 7-night cruise to the western Caribbean in December. :D

Alaska will have to wait for another time. :rolleyes:

We were booked for 5/11/2010, but had to cancel. To avoid the cancellation fee, we're booked for a 2/2011 cruise. We'll change again once the schedules are posted. I'd love to go on both cruises, but we have to pick just one, so Alaska it is. I'd love to do a Western or Southern Caribbean after.

I emailed Carnival back in February about when the booking was going to open for Alaska, and this is what they had to say:

Those dates should be open by at least mid March. I will keep you posted as they have not announced Alaska schedule for 2011.

Wow, I've emailed them three times and never got a reply. Thanks for the info!

I'm also anxiously waiting!! My sister-in-law and I are planning an Alaska 2011 cruise! We're both in our mid-40's and we're finally getting our bachelors degree in Spring/2011!! Celebration Time!!

Congrats on both of you getting your degrees. You deserve a celebration!

My dh and myself are wanting to take his parents to Alaska for their 50th anniversary. I look everyday. Our dd's (4) are planning on going also. What a

great family gathering. I wish April would get here. I am itching to book.

Twins?? What a great trip for your family. I keep trying to talking some of my family members on joining us, but they keep saying it's too cold! Wimps!! :D

I am hoping they go back to Southbound and Northbound cruises in 2011. The port times are so much better and Sitka is a great port. Also the ride from Anchorage to Whittier is amazing.

I like the idea of being able to cruise further north, but love the fares roundtrip to Seattle. :rolleyes:

We are waiting too and plan to go in May 2011, thinking maybe princess though as they have been there longer and everyone who does them likes it . ( sounds naughty huh ) and I hate that CCL does wed-wed instead of sat-sat.

I'd love to get a CC group going for May. This year's CC group prices on the Spirit were awesome. The great price was the determining factor for us to originally book. By the time our DS decided to join us, the ship was almost sold out. To add him, we would have had to upgrade from a double 4B to a triple/quad 4E and our cost would have doubled due to the price increases. :( So, we decided to wait a year a book a balcony room for the three of us.

crusinlarge - I've never really looked at Princess that much. But what I have seen looks really really nice. IMO a very elegant looking decor compared to Carnival.

We were booked for 5/11/2010, but had to cancel. To avoid the cancellation fee, we're booked for a 2/2011 cruise. We'll change again once the schedules are posted. I'd love to go on both cruises, but we have to pick just one, so Alaska it is. I'd love to do a Western or Southern Caribbean after.

Wow, I've emailed them three times and never got a reply. Thanks for the info!

Congrats on both of you getting your degrees. You deserve a celebration!

what kind of cancellation fee are we talking about? From the travel agency?

Was this an ES booking? I'd like to know so I can maybe use your tactics in the future if I have to cancel a cruise.

Bill

.....on the last August cruise of the year for 2 reasons:

1. We make sure we are always on vacation August 31 (date of his first cruise)

2. I wanted to make his turning Platinum on Carnival extra special.

:D

wasiii

Looking forward to a cruise to Alaska in June, 2011. Dont think the prices will be quite as high and the weather, which is iffy, has a chance of being a little better.

I also like the Monday sailings. Get to spend a couple of days in Seattle and have a look around. I want to see the flying fish at Pike's Market.

Tom

what kind of cancellation fee are we talking about? From the travel agency?

Was this an ES booking? I'd like to know so I can maybe use your tactics in the future if I have to cancel a cruise.

Bill

We were booked as part of a Cruise Critic "Official" group. So our rep at CruCon just transferred us to another CC group. When we pick our Alaskan cruise, she'll switch us again.

Looking forward to a cruise to Alaska in June, 2011. Dont think the prices will be quite as high and the weather, which is iffy, has a chance of being a little better.

I also like the Monday sailings. Get to spend a couple of days in Seattle and have a look around. I want to see the flying fish at Pike's Market.

Tom

I told my DH that I want to try to catch the fish at Pike's!! :eek:

Archived