Anyone sailed on Deck 2??

mjbelen

I booked the Summit for 2/3 on an inside guarantee basis. Though I was hoping for an upgrade, I saw our cabin assignment last night and we are on deck two in a handicapped cabin next to the forward stairs.

I am concered about the noise level, both being on such a low deck and for the noise from the stairs. Does anyone have any experience in a similar cabin?

Thanks.

I can't speak about your specific location but we've had an inside on deck 2 and had absolutely NO complaints. We found this deck quieter than most as the only people walking around are those with Cabins on the deck. As far as being near the stairs I doubt you have any issues. We've had a cabin directly across from the stairs/elevator and never even noticed it was there. Once again the biggest help will be that generally the only people using them will be the ones on your deck.

Good luck.

Our first cruise on Summit was on Deck 2, although our cabin was aft and outside. It was the quietest cabin we have ever had. We are taking our third Summit cruise in March, our second veranda cabin. I like the veranda but I also liked the Deck 2 cabin and wouldn't hesitate to get it again.

That level is where we sail all the time (either 2 or 3) . We always get inside cabins on a lower deck. We select cabins towards midship. I've seen inside one of those cabins you mentioned, and it's large. Plenty of room in there for sure. I agree with the other posters that it's very quiet down there. Keep your fingers crossed that they don't move you. If a person requiring that type of cabin books, you could get moved (maybe you could luck out and get an upgrade?!). When we sail on HAL, we know where the large "sideways" cabins are on the lower decks. Those aren't just for handicap and they are quite large as well. One of our stewards called them "inside suites." A little bit of an exaggeration, but not much.;)

Ken

This is our first cruise....Summit 5/20....we have booked an inside cabin on the
Vista deck. I keep reading that people have a inside guarantee...what does that mean? My confirmation doesn't menton guarantee on it...thanks.

an guarantee is less expensive as stated you are guaranteed a cabin in that catorgory,but you can also get an upgrade,which with celebrity usually doesn't happen.Other wise if you are in the market for a particular cabin go ahead and book it.I have never done a guarentee only Run of Ship and it has always turned out well.

We've had inside cabins on deck 2 and have no problems to reports. Remember, the lower the deck, the more stable it is if motion sickness is a problem. An outside cabin on a lower deck might be a little strange in rough seas because the water seems to be very close when you look out the window.

Wow - if I had been assigned a handicapped room, I would NOT want an upgrade. We have not been in a handicapped room on Celebrity, but had one on the second deck of Splendour of the Seas.

Wonderful Huge Room! Fantastic Bathroom! HEAVENLY Shower!

We still single this cruise out as one of our most enjoyable ones - simply due the size of the room. We got a great last minute price as well, which helped make it memorable too! ;-)

I would be in hogs heaven with your room assignment. We like deck 2 & 3 - easy to get off in ports - and we have never had problems with noise levels.

Enjoy your cruise!

I sailed on Deck 2 on the Constellation in June in an outside stateroom. The room was large enough. However, on many days, there was a continual creeking sound, due to some loose metal or something. The ship's crew could not fix it. It disturbed my sleep. If you are on a lower Deck, an inside room is probably best.

Archived