Dinner dress code for younger kids

a6h73

We are bringing our two boys on the Pride in a few weeks. One just turned 6 and the other is 2. What can I put them in in the MDR? On regular nights are khaki shorts/polo shirts ok for them? Do they HAVE to put on long pants in the MDR? I know Carnival "doesnt enforce the rules" but I dont want to be the family thats ruins it for everyone else. That said, I'm not real excited about dressing them up like they are going to the white house every night just to eat dinner and I heard the grill food doesnt compare.

i'm sure yore yung'ins will be fine with nice shorts and a nice looking shirt. if it were me i'd put the older one in some nice pants though and a little polo. or nice shorts at the least and a little polo. i'm gong to bet other guests will applaud the effort to make the kids look nice and make the whole MDR's experience better.

the wife and i had a v-day dinner at a really nice place that also happens to kind-of of be in a lobby of a nice ski resort. Now, i know it's a resort and people are on vacation, but people were bringing kids to the tables in Pj's?? I paid $25 for a good steak dinner, there shouldn't be kids trapesing around in their pj's. shame on those parents!!!

I have young boys around your boys age (3, 5, 8). I was planning on nice shorts and either a polo shirt or a plaid buttom type shirt for dinner most nights. I am planning on bringing long pants and dress shirt for the elegant night though. My oldest was 3 on our last cruise (which was on RC) and this was how he was dressed for dinner in tne mdr and it was not a problem - didn`t look out of place or anything.

We are bringing our two boys on the Pride in a few weeks. One just turned 6 and the other is 2. What can I put them in in the MDR? On regular nights are khaki shorts/polo shirts ok for them? Do they HAVE to put on long pants in the MDR? I know Carnival "doesnt enforce the rules" but I dont want to be the family thats ruins it for everyone else. That said, I'm not real excited about dressing them up like they are going to the white house every night just to eat dinner and I heard the grill food doesnt compare.

On casual nights, that fine.

On Elegant night, give them a treat and dress them up! The compliments they get are GREAT ego boosts. The kids LOVE it!

i have four kids ages 16, 14, 10 , and 10.

you can wear nice shorts in the dining room with a polo or button down shirt. but it is sooo nice to make sure to get dressed for dinner.

i feel that during the year we are all so busy running around that we all enjoy getting dressed and going down to dinner together.

that is what makes our dinner in the MDR so special

There are three boys in my party ages 8, 7, and 6. We are having them wear polos and dress shorts with fisherman sandals for casual nights. They will have on suits and ties for formal nights.

Archived