Miami & Tightened Liquor Security

justjen321

I saw all the threads and comments about Miami confiscating booze, and we've just returned from Valor our of Miami.

They are. It's true. :) A group of 11 got a total of a single bottle on board.

(16 attempted, I believe)

Oddly, I don't drink. :) I just report on it.

friend just off destiny last weekend all had booze in bags all got through and 2 suitcases had letters from carnival in them but nothing was taken said they were searched because of liquids in bags :p

So are you saying that they had booze in rum runners and Carnival found them but just left notes and did not take them? :eek:

I hate to say it but my heating pad made it through in a separate small bag I checked.

I didn't pack it in my regular checked bag because I didn't want them looking in there at my 2 (1.5 liter) bottles of wine.

I brought it and used it in the hotel pre-cruise fully expecting it to be confiscated as a safety precaution with the new and improved screening. :D

My wine also made it to my cabin intact.

Now during carry on screening we were questioned about having 2 bottles of wine in our carry on. We had to say it was for 2 people. ;)

One in our group was told to discard her "unsealed" bottle of water in her hand. It was only 1/2 full of water... She also had one in her carry on bag that went thorough without incidence.

We just returned from the Liberty which docks in Miami. We had 6 runrummers in numerous bags and they all made it through. One suitcase had a note in it, I had a 12 pk of Diet Pepsi, don't know if that is what triggered the search but a rum runner was in the suitcase.......untouched!

Could it be that the new screening process is in place for security purposes and not revenue protection purposes?

that's possible, i think the revenue protection they use is to not put any alcohol in the $8 drinks.;)

Just back from the Glory and had no problem getting our liquor on board...I think the key is moderation. Our group only had one bottle each and some mixers. Our neighbors above us had all their bottles taken, but told us they had at least six bottles each.

Cousin back from a cruise out of MIA, got two rum runners confiscated out of his checked baggage! He locked his suitcases, they sent a note to his room saying he needed to come down to unlock them, found the rum runners and trashed them! He didn't have any other bottles/cans/ irons/etc in the suitcase, can they see rum runners now? Might make me rethink my next go around.........:confused:

Could it be that the new screening process is in place for security purposes and not revenue protection purposes?

My heating pad with extension cord just made it through in Miami. In another bag, my two bottles of wine (1.5 L) also made it through.

However during the walk-on screening my sister lost her water bottle she was carrying (1/2 full of water) but the water bottle in her carry-on mostly full ;) made it through.

We were questioned as we had 2 bottles of wine in our carry on but told them it was for 2 people and they let it through.

Sorry if this is a repeat post....

Cousin back from a cruise out of MIA, got two rum runners confiscated out of his checked baggage! He locked his suitcases, they sent a note to his room saying he needed to come down to unlock them, found the rum runners and trashed them! He didn't have any other bottles/cans/ irons/etc in the suitcase, can they see rum runners now? Might make me rethink my next go around.........:confused:

I'm sure there are ways to help camouflage RR's. Personally I don't bother with them...

Archived