New to Princess "Flash Promotion"?

tcha

Any idea why Princess insurance is not available when there is a flash sale? I understand that there are other travel insurance plans and that one should always have travel insurance for cruises.:rolleyes:

My guess is this is one way Princess encourages you to book earlier (at higher prices).

Before they switched to EZair, air reservations were also not available if you booked a flash sale cruise. (Not sure if you can use EZair now if booking a flash sale.)

• 2 months later...

I'm dredging up this topic to ask a related question.

How can you tell a "Flash" promotion rate from a regular rate?

We are booked on a Feb 2010 cruise and I noticed a price reduction a couple of weeks ago and contacted my TA. I didn't hear back so I contacted them again today and just got a replay back that they couldn't reduce the price because the rate showing (still) on the Princess web site is a "Flash" promotion.

I'm dredging up this topic to ask a related question.

How can you tell a "Flash" promotion rate from a regular rate?

We are booked on a Feb 2010 cruise and I noticed a price reduction a couple of weeks ago and contacted my TA. I didn't hear back so I contacted them again today and just got a replay back that they couldn't reduce the price because the rate showing (still) on the Princess web site is a "Flash" promotion.

Usually you will not see a flash promotion on the Princess web site. You may want to call Princess and ask if it is a flash promotion price or not.

These are the times you really need to have a trusted TA. Most flash promos are for new bookings only and if you are currently booked, you usually can not get a price reduction if the new price is in this form.

There is really no way to find out for sure if this is a flash promotion unless your TA tells you, so again, the trust in the TA that tells you they can not drop the price you have already been quoted. ;)

I just checked the price reduction for our cruise and the price reduction is still there, if it was a flash promotion it would be gone because this rate has been up for over 10 days. The reduction does not show up unless you are logged in to the Princess site.

Call your TA again.

I did call Princess and as expected I was told since I was booked through a TA they couldn't advise me on pricing .....

They can if you just call to ask about it without identifying yourself as someone already booked on that cruise

I did that initially and still couldn't get them to tell me if the price online was a flash promotion or not. After that I explained why I was asking, at which point the discussion pretty much stopped.

Archived