bottles of wine

adelchamps

Quick tip for actually carring wine aboard, I found special packing boxes with dence foam shaped for wine bottles at Bevmo - they come in single, double, tripple, four pack, six pack, and twelve pack.

Pack up up, luggage tag, drop off with porter and good to go.

• 3 weeks later...
We got off the Star last Saturday and bought the wine package. The deal was that you buy 6 bottles and get 20% off but then they add the 17% service fee so you are basically getting the service fee back. Another couple we had dinner with did the exact same thing so we shared our bottles with each other. We purchased two bottles of a really good Zin, and a pretty good Melbec for @$33 each. We bought two red zinfandels to drink while on the sun deck for $24 each. We paid too much but I don’t like carting things around so the stress reduction was worth it to me.

I am thinking about this package for our upcoming cruise - but have a question....Were you able to pick ANY wine from their wine list for this package or was it just a select few to choose from?

I am thinking about this package for our upcoming cruise - but have a question....Were you able to pick ANY wine from their wine list for this package or was it just a select few to choose from?

You choose from a list of selected wines. There is usually 3-4 of each different types: red, white, blends, etc.

As a math teacher, I find this to be an excellent exercise in "using what you learn" LOL...love it! We plan on bring about 6 bottles on our cruise this June...can't wait! Is the corkage fee the same for other bottles of liquor?

We carried on 3 bottles of wine.Paid $15 each on Star . Our suitcase still went to naughty room!!! No liquor in it... They said something in x-ray set us off for inspection.Had travel clock and couple decks of card besides only clothes in it. We were not happy campers!:(

We carried on 3 bottles of wine.Paid $15 each on Star . Our suitcase still went to naughty room!!! No liquor in it... They said something in x-ray set us off for inspection.Had travel clock and couple decks of card besides only clothes in it. We were not happy campers!:(

and shy not? this happens, there must have been something, but who knows what..

Nita

As a math teacher, I find this to be an excellent exercise in "using what you learn" LOL...love it! We plan on bring about 6 bottles on our cruise this June...can't wait! Is the corkage fee the same for other bottles of liquor?

You are not allowed to bring "other bottles of liquor" on-board only wine.

Not sure about the wine package but you can order any of the wines off of the list along with a bar setup. I just entered the product description and code number for the wines / champagne to the email I sent the event coordinator when requesting a bar setup. No issues.

Not sure about the wine package but you can order any of the wines off of the list along with a bar setup. I just entered the product description and code number for the wines / champagne to the email I sent the event coordinator when requesting a bar setup. No issues.

Like that idea - THANKS:rolleyes: I was afraid that I wasn't going to have the same choices with the "package deal". This way I can get what I want and have it waiting for us in our stateroom.

Oops - just had another thought? Sorry for my ignorance but -If we pre-order our wine - can we still drink it with our dinners? Or do we have to have it in our staterooms?:cool:

You can take it to dinner as well.

• 1 month later...
We're on your cruise and we too are bringing wine...we could maybe find a Cristom if you are interested as we are wine snobs and might have one in the basement. We plan on bringing 12 bottles in a wine shipper and maybe carrying on a sparkler to enjoy on our balcony! Donna

We are sailing on the Jewel in June with our friends, the bottles we'll be taking on board wil NOT be on the wine list and range from $45 to $75 per bottle, yes we are wine snobs, but these are all wines that we cannot get in Canada, so we'll have them shipped to our hotel that we are staying at prior to the cruise, if we have to pay a $15 corcage fee we'll still have a hell of a deal on the wine :)

Travelling with kids and from Canada I did not feel like packing wine in my luggage. Also, in Canada we pay a lot more for wine than you guys do. So I sucked it up and bought the wine package. I was pleasantly surprised with the wines on the list. I was not familiar with any of them, but they were all fairly decent.

You can choose 6 or 8 bottles from a list. As another poster said, the 20% discount is almost a wash with the autogratuity, but it's still something.

You can take it to dinner as well.

Reading the post have answered most of my questions, about whether to bring or buy the wine package. I am leaning towards the wine package/bar set up.

One question I do have is --

Is it cheaper to bring my bottle of wine to dinner or to purchase a bottle of wine at dinner? Does anyone know the average price to purchase a bottle of wine at dinner? My husband and I are average wine drinkers.

This is all new to us-...:)

I am hoping that the corkage fee stays in place until June 2011 when we cruise. We are planning to stay in a hotel in walking distance from where we board in Seattle for one or two nights prior to the cruise. Does anybody know if there is a bottle shop / liquor store near there?

Thanks

Archived