Booking for October - Legend??? How is it???

I have been on about 10 different Carnival ships and I have to say that the Legend is one of my favorite ships. I never once felt like there were a lot of people on the ship and we were told the ship was at capacity. The decor, in my opinion, is one of the classiest designs in the Carvinval fleet.

The food was good, service was good, entertainment was good. The rest is up to the passenger as to what they make of their individual cruise...The truth is that Carnival has standardized so much of their fleet that there are not exttreme differences except in Decor. I think Legend is a great ship.

I could recommend you choose it if the itinerary is one that you are interested in.

Have fun,

I haven't been on it but I will be in mid-December! I waffled between Legend and Glory because cost is about the same and the ports of call are identical. But the many great comments and reviews about the Legend---plus that journey under the bridge out of Tampa---won my vote. :)

Trying to decide which ship to go on. Only been on one Carnival cuise (Glory). What is the Legend like? Rates look good. What is difference between Spirit class and the Glory class? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Differences we notice between the two classes:

-Spirit class never seems crowded...

-We don't get lost on the Spirit class ships - on Liberty and Freedom we always got stuck mid ship, turned inside out, even towards the end of the cruise...

-big screen on deck on the bigger ships...

-both have fine dining surcharge steak house

If I had to choose it would be spirit class hands down.

We loved our Legend cruise. As another poster said it is decorated in a very classy way. Also the trip under the bridge is a wow - every time!

Enjoy!

Hello Largo, (orig from St.Pete)

Come join the party. We are on the 10/31/10 Legend Cruise. We selected this date because of Halloween. There is a roll-call started for this date and it seems like a really nice group of people. :)

We've done "Legend" and "Glory" both, a bunch of times each, and always enjoyed both ships. If forced to choose between the two however, I too would go with "Legend'. Just a GREAT ship and crew, and we've never had any kind of a problem aboard "Legend". Either cruise/ship would be very good but "Legend" IMO, will be just a bit better.

"SKY"

Haven't sailed the Glory...only Legend and Destiny. We preferred the Legend...a little smaller, much easier to navigate, and we love the open aft adult pool area that Spirit Class has (the others are surrounded by glass, except the Dream)...huge difference for us. There's no big screen tv on Lido (I didn't care for that on Destiny), and I think the disco scene on Spirit Class may be a little less than others (don't care about that either). Food has always been good, service good and Tampa is a great port (love going under the bridge).

Love the Legend so much that we are sailing her a 3rd time in November, with a Miracle cruise in May. Just really prefer the Spirit Class. Good luck!:)

You won't be disappointed. Spirit Class is by far the best in the fleet, IMO. And it doesn't hurt that it's a 30 minute drive to the Port of Tampa. Welcome to CC, neighbor. We live in Clearwater. My wife grew up in largo.

My three kids, my mom, and I were on the Legend in June 08. We booked because of the itinerary. It was my first Carnival Cruise. We all loved it! My kids had a blast-they 15, 13, and 10 when we went and they loved the kids and teen clubs. We had a balcony on deck 8-definitely worth it. Our cabin steward was awesome and we enjoyed sitting out on the balcony. The service was great, the food yummy, and we enjoyed our two sea days with the pools, slide, and mini-golf. Never felt crowded and it really didn't take long to tender into Grand Cayman and Belize. Our favorite port was Roatan Bay, Honduras. Awesome snorkeling! My girls and are are going on the Destiny in two weeks. Book it and enjoy!!! Make sure you are on deck when sailing under the bridge, about an hour out of Tampa. Also easy flight in and out of Tampa and short transfer to the ship.

Archived