Twin beds do not convert to a king

mistyinca

When the booking engine has this star notation on the room, what is really the difference in the beds or design of the room that makes it so these can't be pushed together?

Thanks

It you are talking about a standard cabin, the ones that can't push together are usually quad cabins. The two pullman's can't work with the ladders with the beds pushed together below.

also there are some odd shaped rooms like on ten in the front on the conquest class where there is a pole in there. still nice rooms though if you don't need the beds together. my grandchildren love these rooms as they are larger and have a window.

smiles, bee

It you are talking about a standard cabin, the ones that can't push together are usually quad cabins. The two pullman's can't work with the ladders with the beds pushed together below.

It will depend on the quad. Our 4k quad on the Miracle has a sofa and an upper. I've also seen pics of interior rooms that have a 'king' and two uppers..very recently as a matter of fact right here on CC...

We once had a room, an inside gty on the Victory, 7205 and the beds were not supposed to connect because the door wouldn't open if they were next to each other. Every night though we pulled them next to each other, then seperated them in the morning.

hmmm...doesn't say its a quad :confused: So it must have a pole?

Which ship and which cabin number are you looking at? This will help as you may find someone on here that has been in that actual cabin.

There are some, that I think are handicapped cabins that have this notation, that the head boards are fixed to the wall. I was told you could still move the beds without the head board and push them together, but of course the lights for reading would be in the wrong place too.

My TA told me the funny-shaped 4J corner cabins at the front of the Victory and the other one like it (Valor?) have twin beds on adjoining walls - so they are head to head or something like that. It would make sense that they would block the door if pushed together. Never been on the boat yet so I'm not sure if that's true.

It will depend on the quad. Our 4k quad on the Miracle has a sofa and an upper. I've also seen pics of interior rooms that have a 'king' and two uppers..very recently as a matter of fact right here on CC...

Our interior on the Ecstasy the other week had a king and two bunks. They had the space with the night light under the other bunk to seperate the beds if desired. We were on the end of the hallway on the aft end, so I don't know if that makes a difference

Archived