Coffee Card

AFT_LOVER

so we need to buy a coffee card to get espresso, latte or cappucino at meals or at a cafe? How much is it & I read it is good for both of us?

We didnt get one last year on the Ruby, but in 11 days I am getting one on the Emerald...We are getting a coupon book in our cabin, that from what I have read has a buy one get one coupon as well.....I think they are $27.00 and you can share them. I have also been reading here that not every barista punches a hole when you order a drink, which is kinda nice. :) ENJOY!!!

I forget how much it costs, but you can absolutely share it, it's good for a certain number of punches for specialty coffees and you also can get as much free, fresh brewed coffee from the International Cafe as you want --- much better than the regular coffee on the ship. You can also bring it on subsequent cruises and use any remaining punches if you don't use them all up.

OP,

You don't have to buy a card-you can pay for each latte' indivudually if you want. But, if you and your companion have one a day it is cheaper to get a coffee card (yes you can share). I think the card has 15 punches (one punch for each standard drink-some of the fancier ones take two punches) and is around $27 including service charge. The coffee card also entitles you to free brewed coffee versus the yucky syrup coffee.

I forget how much it costs, but you can absolutely share it, it's good for a certain number of punches for specialty coffees and you also can get as much free, fresh brewed coffee from the International Cafe as you want --- much better than the regular coffee on the ship. You can also bring it on subsequent cruises and use any remaining punches if you don't use them all up.

On the Ruby this past January you could use the card to get two specialty coffees at a time (2 punches), however if you wanted two regular coffees at the same time you needed 2 cards. Only the first one was free.

We just got back and you can use 1 coffee card for 2 people. If you choose to buy a speciality coffee they are around $3 each. The coffee card has 15 punches and costs around $27. If you don't use all of your punches keep your card and use it on your next princess cruise :-)

Amazing how great Princess cruisers are together here on CC. That is why I tell every new cruiser to log on here before they buy or sail. They all learn everything.

We are PLATINUM but strayed to try others & are back. Just love them. This is how I can honestly tell folks what they are in for.

I just to add one more bit of information to all that has been said. I drink tea, so when DH got his afternoon cappaccino, I was able to get a well brewed cup of specialty tea free of charge. We did use up his first card on a recent cruise and used the coupon book for the buy one/get one free. We now have the Queen of Steam cards to take on a future Princess Cruise.

Sandie

Love this thread, but now I have two questions.

Is it two punches for drinks like cappuccino?

What is this coupon book for the two for one?

Nope, a cappuccino would be only one punch, unless you wanted a double shot. I can't think offhand of what drink would be a routine double punch but then I only get mochas, so what do I know?

The coupon book with the 2-for-1 coffee card coupon is a promo thing that some travel agents give out when you book. Me, I've never run across it as a perk being offered as I've priced various cruises so I'm not sure how ubiquitious it is.

Question.....

Can I order a carafe of fresh brewed coffee for room service with the coffee card?

Also, how do you get fresh brewed when in the buffet?

Thanks

You can only get fresh-brewed coffee by going to the La Patisserie or International Cafe, whichever is appropo to your particular ship. You can get regular coffee from room service (but I don't know if they send a carafe for more than one person or just x number of cups).

You can certainly get a cup of fresh-brewed downstairs and take it up to the buffet. I don't know if you could give your coffee card to a buffet server, like you can in the dining room, but that's a long way to go for somebody to get you coffee -- it'd probably be faster to just stop on your way and collect it yourself.

is room service with cream & sugar, (splenda, blue & pink stuff)& buffet has cups next to the decaf or regular coffee makers with cream & sugar or alternatives next to it to serve yourself.

Question.....

Can I order a carafe of fresh brewed coffee for room service with the coffee card?

Also, how do you get fresh brewed when in the buffet?

Thanks

You can only get fresh-brewed coffee by going to the La Patisserie or International Cafe, whichever is appropo to your particular ship. You can get regular coffee from room service (but I don't know if they send a carafe for more than one person or just x number of cups).

When ordering coffee via room service... we usually order coffee for two, and it arrives... in a hot thermos, probably 4 cups of regular coffee.

Thank you for all the information on the coffee card! It was worth every penny! My husband and I love coffee and could not drink the coffee in the dining room or on the buffet.

However, the coffee at the International Cafe was excellent!

We were on the Crown and enjoyed all of the servers in the IC as well. They were friendly and we liked them very much.

My only disappointment with Princess was the coffee. We usually love to have room service coffee on our balcony in the mornings and could not do that on Princess.

Believe it or not, for our next cruise, I might chose Royal Caribbean or Costa because of the coffee. Crazy, I know.

Archived