snacks outside of main meal hours QV

granny red

As I only have a small appetite I tend to eat little and often. can I get a snack in the afternoon or just before I go to bed at night?

I seem to recall that on my first transatlantic trip on the QM that Kings Court was in darkness when we left the bar or the theatre about 11/11.30 at night.

Also in the afternoon all we could get was tea or coffee.

As we have booked an early sitting I am usually peckish again before retiring for the evening. My husband says I have the appetite of an ant!!!

Dont worry, just pop down and get a few things, it is all very close by on the QV.

A little tip, just before I go to bed , I pop down to the buffet and take a tray and get a drink and a few bits of fruit or something, just to kick start me in the morning.

You really wont go hungry thats for sure, you wont to eat for at least a week after the cruise

On my last cruise on the last night , I did exactly as Rob6582 suggests, I took the tray back to my cabin for "breakfast" the next morning. It was just cookies and milk, but there was other items there.

I have obtained Room service mid afternoon, when havig washed my hair, it was not dry enough to go to tea.Not great but it filled a hole.

A good friend told me a good tip for the last day, and this works, go down, tray in hand, fill up your breakfast goodies and return toyour cabin, dont fight for a table,great on the last day when room service is not available

Alternatively, and assuming that one doesn't have the advantage of a fixed table in the Grills or Club, simply walk in, have the Maitre'D take you past the queue and take you to the table.

You're dressed anyway, so why not?

A good friend told me a good tip for the last day, and this works, go down, tray in hand, fill up your breakfast goodies and return toyour cabin, dont fight for a table,great on the last day when room service is not available

Absolutely Rob, Breakfast is hell on that last day. Doing the whole 17 days I will have three "last days", they used to allow "in transit" passengers to order room service but now that has disappeared just like the dodo.

Absolutely Rob, Breakfast is hell on that last day. Doing the whole 17 days I will have three "last days", they used to allow "in transit" passengers to order room service but now that has disappeared just like the dodo.

Well I had a great final morning breakfast on Queen Victoria.

so far this year we have 6 last days, so I we will be doing everyday

shame about the intransit passengers though, looking forward to meeting you again in a few weeks

Someone has said the Kings Chaos is open 24 hours I believe. Is there a fairly full selection at the later hours, or is it skeleton crew type of goods?

Also, room service in Grill, will they prepare anything you desire at any hour? Never know when a lamb chop attack may occur.

Thanks in advance,

Jake

Someone has said the Kings Chaos is open 24 hours I believe. Is there a fairly full selection at the later hours, or is it skeleton crew type of goods?

Thanks in advance,

Jake

Yes, there's always a section of the Kings Court that is open. I've seen people eating pizza and chips around midnight.

Archived