Long drive to the cruise port - FLL!

tinatark

We are driving from TN to FLL for our April 3rd Crown Princess cruise. Stopping in Jacksonville on Friday to pick up our nephew - he's traveling with us, then planning to drive a little further south so we don't have so far to drive on Saturday. Is there a great, inexpensive, "right off the interstate" hotel within a couple of hours of FLL? I think it's about 5 hours from Jacksonville to FLL.

We are driving from TN to FLL for our April 3rd Crown Princess cruise. Stopping in Jacksonville on Friday to pick up our nephew - he's traveling with us, then planning to drive a little further south so we don't have so far to drive on Saturday. Is there a great, inexpensive, "right off the interstate" hotel within a couple of hours of FLL? I think it's about 5 hours from Jacksonville to FLL.

Jacksonville is more like 6 hours from FLL. I have done the drive several times going to Montreal. If I were you, I would not make a reservation and instead, see how the day is going. Stop in at a hotel when you are tired and want to rest. There are plenty hotels at practically each exit of I-95. Simply look at the signs just before the exit to see which hotel is coming up. Obviously, if you have multiple hotels at an exit, you can easily check multiple properties rates before making a decision. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the ideas. I think we will get an interstate exit guide and use that to price compare - I would love to drive all the way to FLL - should be in Jacksonville around 4-5, but I'm really not thinking that will happen - I would prefer to stay/shuttle to the port than pay for a hotel Friday night then port/park-n-cruise parking for the week.

Archived