Train from Naples to Rome - stairs involved?

D4

We fell in love with Rome in December and want to go back this year. We used private transportation and did not take any trains on that trip.

We are considering a cruise out that goes round trip out of Naples. We will fly into Naples or FCO. After the cruise we'd like to take the train from Naples to Rome and spend a week there and fly home from FCO. So we may need to take the train both ways.

The potential problem is DH cannot walk up or down more than a few steps. Does anybody know if we would have to use a flight of steps at Termini in Rome or the train station in Naples? Or might it vary depending on which train you happen to be on? I looked online and found the train schedule and prices but I couldn't find this information. Thanks!

We fell in love with Rome in December and want to go back this year. We used private transportation and did not take any trains on that trip.

We are considering a cruise out that goes round trip out of Naples. We will fly into Naples or FCO. After the cruise we'd like to take the train from Naples to Rome and spend a week there and fly home from FCO. So we may need to take the train both ways.

The potential problem is DH cannot walk up or down more than a few steps. Does anybody know if we would have to use a flight of steps at Termini in Rome or the train station in Naples? Or might it vary depending on which train you happen to be on? I looked online and found the train schedule and prices but I couldn't find this information. Thanks!

At Rome Termini you will encounter (possibly) signs pointing to a underground that envolves stairs. You can ignore these as you can negotiate at ground level (will take longer). You can negotiate Termini without taking a sotopassagio (underground).

Archived