Just Back from Cloud - Wonderful!

avalon1025

We just landed back home after a wonderful vacation, which included a few nights at the Ritz Carlton in Ft Lauderdale and 9 nights on the Silver Cloud and a few days in NYC seeing some theater...

The Cloud was wonderful, I was fully expecting the same old Cloud not having had her extensive "Wind" overhaul. I was pleasantly surprised to find the ship in fantastic condition, with new soft furnishings (new carpets, new upholstery in the public rooms, curtains, etc) all reflecting some of the new color schemes of the Wind and Spirit. Since all of the ship was not completely redone, the new colors looked great and not too dark as on the other ships. The original marble bathrooms were also in good shape with a new glass shower partition replacing the curtain. As well, a large flat screen TV now sits over the desk

Also, the pool was redone with new mosaic tile, looks great. I loved the new Blue and Cream striped public space carpet, very nautical.

Food was great, service as good as ever (we were a full ship, and some of the service in the beginning of the cruise seemed strained - ie: around the pool), but nothing to keep one from enjoying the trip.

We had a wonderful waiter and asst waiter in the dinning room, the waiter was from my Shadow cruise in August and remembered all my likes and dislikes (how do they do that?)

I celebrated my 40th on board and the ship could not do enough, my party was a smashing success thanks to Colin our wonderful CD and host.

Ports were great - LOVE St Barths!

Thank you silversea for another wonderful cruise!

We were on the same cruise, and couldn't agree more!

Great reports by you and avalon1025. Appreciate ALL of the details and specifics by avalon1025 in this report. Look forward to seeing the Silver Cloud July 1-16 along the Norway Coast sailing out of Copenhagen.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

:cool::cool:

We just landed back home after a wonderful vacation, which included a few nights at the Ritz Carlton in Ft Lauderdale and 9 nights on the Silver Cloud and a few days in NYC seeing some theater...

The Cloud was wonderful, I was fully expecting the same old Cloud not having had her extensive "Wind" overhaul. I was pleasantly surprised to find the ship in fantastic condition, with new soft furnishings (new carpets, new upholstery in the public rooms, curtains, etc) all reflecting some of the new color schemes of the Wind and Spirit. Since all of the ship was not completely redone, the new colors looked great and not too dark as on the other ships. The original marble bathrooms were also in good shape with a new glass shower partition replacing the curtain. As well, a large flat screen TV now sits over the desk

Also, the pool was redone with new mosaic tile, looks great. I loved the new Blue and Cream striped public space carpet, very nautical.

Food was great, service as good as ever (we were a full ship, and some of the service in the beginning of the cruise seemed strained - ie: around the pool), but nothing to keep one from enjoying the trip.

We had a wonderful waiter and asst waiter in the dinning room, the waiter was from my Shadow cruise in August and remembered all my likes and dislikes (how do they do that?)

I celebrated my 40th on board and the ship could not do enough, my party was a smashing success thanks to Colin our wonderful CD and host.

Ports were great - LOVE St Barths!

Thank you silversea for another wonderful cruise!

great to hear ! 3 more days; I am so looking forward to warm days and cold drinks !

Were you able to find out in advance what nights are Formal? We want to know so we can plan on hitting the alternative restaurants on those nights. No way I'm going on a cruise to the Caribbean and wearing a tux....that's just silly.

Also, were you able to make reservations in the alternative restaurants in advance, or did you have to wait until you got on board? We're sailing with a large group, and would like to try at do dinner together on the formal nights (since we are pretty much all in agreement regarding the formal nights). Thanks.

You can find out what nights are formal as soon as you board. Just call reception.

I’m sure you and your large group of like-minded friends will be quite happy in La Terazza. As for me, you’ll find me in the main restaurant on formal nights sitting amongst all those “silly” folk wearing tuxedos. Have a lovely trip.

The "silly" people were certainly in the majority on our Cloud cruise. We were among them and were quite happy to be so.

Formal nights for our 9 night cruise were on the Captain's Welcome and the Captain's Farewell. Jackets were required on 4 other evenings.

Thank you so much for the review. My mother and I are boarding the Cloud on March 31st. My only other small luxury experience was the Seabourn Spirit many years ago. I was concerned with some of the reviews I've read and the fact that the ship wasn't being refurbished. It's great to see that they have done some of the work.

Mom recently lost her husband and we are going together on her first trip since then. I know she will meet people easily. I suspect I will be younger than the average (45) but hope that we can find some things to do that we can both enjoy.

One question - can you explain the butler service? We are in a veranda stateroom and my mother said that they have always had butler service - but her last cruise was 5 years ago and it doesn't look like they had it then??? Do they unpack for you and will they press your clothes upon arrival? Also, she asked about requesting drinks for the room ahead of time, she said last time they asked the preferences. I didn't see anywhere on the website information where they asked for that information.

Thanks so much!!

Laurianne

Also, she asked about requesting drinks for the room ahead of time, she said last time they asked the preferences. I didn't see anywhere on the website information where they asked for that information.

Thanks so much!!

Laurianne

Dragongirl,

Have you filled out your guest information forms on line? (If not, you should.) Did you see the part where it said "Is there anything we have overlooked?" That is where you put your drink requests for the stateroom.

Have a WONDERFUL trip!

Dragongirl, Have you filled out your guest information forms on line? (If not, you should.) Did you see the part where it said "Is there anything we have overlooked?" That is where you put your drink requests for the stateroom. Have a WONDERFUL trip!

If u don't fill this out before u leave, ask yr Butler to organise it for u. Not sure about the pressing of clothes but they will certainly unpack & pack for u.

Happy cruising!

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Thank you so much for the review. My mother and I are boarding the Cloud on March 31st. My only other small luxury experience was the Seabourn Spirit many years ago. I was concerned with some of the reviews I've read and the fact that the ship wasn't being refurbished. It's great to see that they have done some of the work.

Mom recently lost her husband and we are going together on her first trip since then. I know she will meet people easily. I suspect I will be younger than the average (45) but hope that we can find some things to do that we can both enjoy.

One question - can you explain the butler service? We are in a veranda stateroom and my mother said that they have always had butler service - but her last cruise was 5 years ago and it doesn't look like they had it then??? Do they unpack for you and will they press your clothes upon arrival? Also, she asked about requesting drinks for the room ahead of time, she said last time they asked the preferences. I didn't see anywhere on the website information where they asked for that information.

Thanks so much!!

Laurianne

I too am bringing my mother who lost her husband several years ago. I was on a Silversea cruise last summer and found that there were a substantial number of guests in their forties and early fifties. I never felt out of place or bored.

• 2 weeks later...
I forgot to mention that we are on the Cloud departing March 31st.

It would be great to meet you as we are both traveling with mothers :-) Might need to get away from them at some point....

I sent a "friend" request - not sure how that works. You can email me at planmytrip@yahoo.com if you'd like. I'm struggling with which excursions, if any, to take on this cruise - some of the islands seem very quiet and it will also be Easter so I suspect some things will be closed.

I hope to hear from you!

Lauri

Archived