Priceline ~ NOT bidding ~ Sitting on a booking now

ShedQueen77

There's no way in heck I'll bid on air when I need certain times, that I have learned. I have searched the forum and found some answers that are either really old or not specific enough, so hopefully someone can help with my questions.

I have found a decently priced flight. The "terms and conditions" are pure jibberish to me and look to only apply to two of the flights. I am sitting on this booking in another tab right now but I don't totally understand.

If the flight times change and they no longer "work" for me, I deal with Priceline to get a change in flights, correct? I can't call United or US Air to get help?

Also, I was only able to pick seats on one of four flights. Do you get a reservation number to go on the airline's website (looking at US Airways and United on PL) and pick seats? Or does that have to be done through PL as well?

I am sorry for all of these questions, but I am trying to make the most educated decisions possible and the posters here are a wealth of knowledge that I need desperately! :)

Is there any reason why you're booking this on Priceline and not directly on the airline's own website? I see you mention both United and US Air, but as they are both members of Star Alliance, you should be able to book a codeshare on either website...

I looked at the individual sites and the price is not the same, at least the way I'm trying to look at it....

Without dates/airports/flight info there is really not much anyone can do to help you. I know on the UA web site there is a box at the bottom of the flight search you can click to include start alliance partners which should show both your UA/US flights (most of the time but not always). I would really suggest you don't use priceline for all the reasons you listed in your OP plus a lot more...

Good luck,

John

Archived