what time were you able to get off the Jade in Piraeus

ETHS1965

We are having a cab meet us at the port in Piraeus to take us to Athens. The Jade's itinerary says that it will be in port at 10:30. Can we get off the ship then or is it at 12:30 since NCL website says something about disembarking 2 hours after docking. What time were you able to leave the ship? Thanks.

On Jan. 28, the Jade arrived in Piraeus at about 2PM (it was late for a variety of reasons). NCL staff on board expected the ship to be cleared very quickly for disembarkation, but Greek authorities held us up for a good hour (possibly because of the extensive Norovirus on board, though no one gave us a clear answer). When we were finally allowed to get off, our driver was waiting at the pier, as were other private tour operators. They'd been there most of the day, waiting.

Hopefully, someone on a more recent sailing can give you additional information. The two hours sounds strange; you may want to doublecheck that with NCL.

We were on the Feb. 14 sailing of the Jade and also had a taxi waiting for us for 1050 I believe at the pier. We were fortunate to be off the ship quickly to our taxi and meet our Athens walking tour guide downtown by 1130. I say fortunate because all the major attractions in Athens close at 2:30 in the winter months. However I do know that due to labour unrest lately in Athens that the ship was forced to skip the stop entirely on the sailing following ours. The taxis do wait for a reasonable time - they are aware of issues. Good luck.

We are having a cab meet us at the port in Piraeus to take us to Athens. The Jade's itinerary says that it will be in port at 10:30. Can we get off the ship then or is it at 12:30 since NCL website says something about disembarking 2 hours after docking. What time were you able to leave the ship? Thanks.

We were just on the Jade for the Mar 7th cruise and we were not even able to dock in Piraeus due to the Gerneral Strike going on in Greece. Best wishes, I hope you get to go. If not they will probably divert you to Messina Sicily (this is where we went).

• 1 year later...

Dear Queen Mimi,

I dont know how to send a direct message to you so I try this way. I read your review about the Carnival Glory and the show you were involved in and I am wondering if you and your husband are the retired couple (she former principal and he working at a university)? If so YOU were the best part/person on the whole cruise. My husband and I were laughing so much about your jokes we had even tears in our eyes. THANK you so much. We love your humor.

Gabriele from Germany

Archived