Mariner cabin

Getts

We'll be on the Mariner in January. I know it will be chilly out of California. Which cabin should we choose? Deck 7 balcony outside of the library? (Is that called the hump?) Or deck 9 aft? If it's windy, which balcony would protect us better so we can enjoy our morning coffee?

Thanks

Hi,

We did cabin 8602 (just off the the hump) twice and it was fantastic. I do know that when we were in the Windjammer (aft) that we felt the vibrations. So I can't tell you about the wind on aft cabins, but our balcony was enjoyed daily (and nightly).

I'm sure whatever you do, you'll have a great time. The Mariner is a fantastic ship.

Erika

The wind is only strong while you're standing at the railing...if you're sitting near the balcony door, the wind won't be too bad...it may be actually "refreshing"!

Aft cabins don't get the same amount of breeze..they can become uncomfortably warm if it's hot outside!

I loved the aft cabin on the Mexican Riviera cruise, because whales and dolphins were everywhere. it was nice to relax back there and watch the scenery without having to wonder about what was happening on the other side of the ship. I don't recall it being cold or windy.

We love, love, love the hump cabins. We've now had the center hump twice on Mariner. Yes, it is very chilly if you stand near the railing, but if you are closer to the door, it is not as bad.

We just travelled in mid-February and we saw more whales than we could count as we arrived and departed Cabo. It was great!

Ann

Archived