Cost of internet on Pacific Jewel

Could someone please tell me the cost for using the internet on Pacific Jewel? Thank you. I did a search but nothing came up. Thanks.:)

hi strawberrypatch, i think the prices are pretty much the same on every ship

There is a onetime setup fee of $3.95. Then you can either pay 75 cents per minute or buy a package. Packages are

$55 = 100 minutes

$75 = 150

$100 = 250

$175 = 500

rkmw

The best solution to using Internet on a ship is to BYO laptop. Compose your emails offline then connect, upload your mail and download any incoming.

If you normally get a lot of useless email, then set up a Gmail account for travel. You can set it up for POP3 and use it offline.

The best solution to using Internet on a ship is to BYO laptop. Compose your emails offline then connect, upload your mail and download any incoming.

If you normally get a lot of useless email, then set up a Gmail account for travel. You can set it up for POP3 and use it offline.

And remember that the Wi-fi is the same price as using the internet station.

Pacific Jewel has internet stations in several locations around the ship; in the library (Deck 8) in The Atrium (Deck 5), in the Chocolate Cafe (Deck 10).

We didn't use the ships internet on our PJ cruise, because we were usually close enough to the Australian coast to use our Telstra 3g mobile broadband on our own laptop.

Thanks so much for that information. I will be using the internet every day to email my boyfriend. :)

The advice above is good.

We found it so slow it was almost useless, think 2400 baud speed (if you are old enough)

We spent around $13.70 just to load a couple of pages that we could not go any further on, we gave up and cut our loses.

Archived