Solstice with no sky suite lounge chairs

sailorgirl

We had a wonderful cruise last month on beautiful Solstice, and enjoyed our 2146 sky suite except our spacious verandah did not include lounge chairs. There were two chairs with ottomans, but they were very uncomfortable for napping, something I love to do on my verandah. I asked our room attendant if we could get lounge chairs but we never did. He said something about the wind (we were starboard/stern corner) being a problem. I might not book this suite (or ship) again because of this negative. Can anyone tell me if other cabins/suites on Solstice were also without lounges? I failed to notice.

That's really surprising. We were in SS 2148 on the Solstice Inaugural and our verandah did have loungers. On the Equinox TA last November we were in CC 2152 and it had the chairs with foot stools which I understand are standard seating for CC verandahs.

We never had problems with the wind.

In February, our family had sky suites 2117, 2119, 2121, 2123 & 2125. All had the two chairs with ottomans. Of course, these were S2, with much smaller verandahs than the S1 Sky Suites have. Also in February I was in CC 2144 which had chairs with ottomans, but were not the same kind as on the sky suite verandahs. I also enjoy the full loungers, but the verandah sizes on the cabins we had would not acccommodaate them very well.

Hmmmm, interesting. Might be true that I had a lazy room attendant because as an Elite member, and a SS passenger, wouldn't you have thought the effort could have been made to provide that requested lounger for that big verandah. Since the chairs do decline and they have that footrest, I think they are making a switch over and, unless the feedback isn't good, they might remain as the new lounge chair. I shall revolt!!!

STXcruisers, do you have a tie to St. Croix? We lived there during the late 60s through the 70s.

We also sailed on Equinox in 2146 and had the chairs with footstools. I think the reason they use them is that even though the balconies are slightly larger than the S2s it would be really tight with loungers and chairs for the table. These serve both purposes. It's not comfortable to sit at a table with a lounger.

I personally was surprised at how comfortable the reclining chairs and stools were. They don't look like they would be.

I think your take on it is correct; however, this was our first cruise without a lounge chair and I wasn't happy or comfortable. I took pillows from inside and tried to pad the chair and foot stool the best I could. Nothing like those Deck 12 sky suites on the Century class ships with the huge verandahs and plenty of space for loungers and tables and chairs!

STXcruisers, do you have a tie to St. Croix? We lived there during the late 60s through the 70s.

No, no connections to St. Croix and never been there.

You are so right about those Century class sky suites on 12. Those verandahs are awesome! Our first Celebrity cruise was in 1203 on Mercury - the balcony was nearly as large as the suite! LOVED it! With that fabulous t-pool and the verandah, we were hooked!

Doris

Archived