Bordeaux (Le Verdon) Question

TERRIER1

We were on the May 26 Marina sailing that stopped in Le Verdon. The original itinerary had an overnight at that port and then was changed to one day. Oceania ran a shuttle bus to the nearest small town Soulac-sur-Mer. We had arranged a private wine tour so we didn't utilize the shuttle bus. People who went there said it was very nice especially since the town was having a festival of sorts.

Please be aware that Bordeaux is about 1 1/2 hours away by car and St Emilion is even farther. There is a train but the schedule is not suitable to getting to Bordeaux and back and you have to make a connection. There is basically one road in and out so you might want to explore renting a car but I don't know where you would pick it up. If you go on Tripadvisor and do a search for Bordeaux wine tours you will find private companies that do tours other than just for wine tasting. I found one that takes you to where they harvest the oysters that sounds interesting. Have fun and enjoy.

Hi Terry,

I found little on line for Le Verdon. Did the Trip Advisor search and did not find a tour company for what we wish to do in Bordeaux. We wish to see the sites - quaint and UNESCO World Heritage do you have any web sites or emails you can share with me? Any one out there with hints or tips I'd appreciate it.

Le Verdon is a small commercial port in the Medoc area of France. There really isn't anything around unless you take private tours or rent a car. If you do a search on CC for Bordeaux you can find tour companies that others have used. Taking a train to Bordeaux really isn't feasible. You might want to try searching on Soulac-de-Mer since this is where the Oceania shuttle bus leaves you off. Good luck.

• 10 months later...

Archived